Topics

Stereo books

robert mcafee

Anyone familiar with
First Impressions of America by TC Porter(1899)txt w stereorscopic pics+viewer?

Flat wooden viewer included inside book.  Authors claims just 2nd book produced with stereoviews.

Copy for sale on eBay (not autographed) appears fair condition to me.

Alexander Klein

I do have a copy in my collection. However, the quality of the pictures is pretty bad.

All original books should be signed and numbered - but there are a lot of re-prints out there ...

Alexander

Am 20.09.2020 17:04, schrieb robert mcafee via groups.io:

Anyone familiar with
First Impressions of America by TC Porter(1899)txt w stereorscopic pics+viewer?

Flat wooden viewer included inside book.  Authors claims just 2nd book produced with stereoviews.

Copy for sale on eBay (not autographed) appears fair condition to me.

robert mcafee

According to the eBay listing here was a set of 250 signed copies and then additional ones printed for the trades.  I didn't think it appropriate to post link to the ebay listing here but you can certainly search for it to learn more about this particular book offerred for sale.

I understand David Starkman was scheduled to give a presentation on 3D books for the new Brooklyn Stereoscopic Association last Sunday.  There is another meeting today at 2 PM Eastern Daylight Time