New Shopping Cart System for the International Stereoscopic Union

Alexander Klein

Dear friends,

I'm currently working on a new shopping-cart system for the International Stereoscopic Union (ISU) - accepting direct credit card payments (instead of PayPal, who will rise their prices on August 2nd).

This should make the check-out and payment process a lot more customer-friendly and faster.

So if you have ever thought of joining the ISU, now would be a great time to try out the process and report your experiences back to me - which would help me tremendously in fine-tuning a few things.

If you want to join, please go straight to

https://store.isu3d.org/index.php?route=product/category&path=20

and select your desired membership type.

You will have to enter some more information - and then check-out via the Shopping Cart.

Once the address information is entered there, all you have to do is to enter your credit card details at the bottom and the payment will be processed. The system supports 3D-Secure payments (in Europe).

I hope to find a volunteer or two.

As a bonus, those joining this week via the new system will receive issues 3.2020 and 4.2020 of "Stereoscopy" free of charge!

Thanks for your assistance.

Best regards,

Alexander Klein
Treasurer
International Stereoscopic Union
P.O. Box 102634
70022 Stuttgart
Germany
Tel: +49(711)5208768-3
Fax: +49(711)5208768-9

David_in_VA

Alexander, thanks for posting this.  I just joined and the cart seemed to work, except for one small thing.  I selected "Register Account" instead of "Guest Account", but when I entered my password (twice), it kept saying something like "Password does not match".  I was using a 9-character password, a mixture of upper and lower case letters and numbers, and I tried several times but it kept giving the same message.  I then tried again with "Guest Account" and everything worked fine.  (I was using the latest Firefox on Windows 10.)

David

Alexander Klein

Dear David,

thanks for placing the very first order through the new system - it worked just fine and as planned.

I just tried to place an order and to create an account during the check-out process - and I had no trouble registering myself. The account shows up in the Customers list in the Admin panel.

Registration also worked just fine as a stand-alone procedure. You will, however, have to tick the "privacy policy" agreement:

Anyway - thanks again for your first order. It helped me tremendously to test the process in "real life" - and to push forward the move from the old shopping-cart system to the new one.

All the best,

Alexander