New Shibo 5K VR headset kickstarter with 3d bluray support PC mirroring etc.

Philip Heggie

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shibo/shibo-5k-mini-3d-imax-glass?ref=9f6x1m&token=367d954d&fbclid=IwAR02v9oHJLfVqCa5jbmsFcJJ1x7NsxqVTqPh_Emv1EdjtiyT0-rK1-JFpUI

What are your thoughts will it hav a bigscreenvr.com app?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Depthcam

lt sounds great on paper.  But what is their track record ?

Even Cinera who already produced one 5K viewer has been delaying the manufacture of their next gen product for over a year.

And what about LUCI Immers ?  They also promised something similar but never delivered.

Too many people loose their investments on expensive Kickstarter campaigns that never deliver.

Safest bet still remains TCL's NXTWEAR G !

The worldwide electronic chip shortage seems likely to have significant impact over the next 18 months to 2 years. It has held up the Looking Glass Factory Portrait “holographic” display and the Stereo Pi V2 with both groups having successfully launched products previously.

Laurent DOLDI (Toulouse, France)

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 11:56 PM, Depthcam wrote:
Safest bet still remains TCL's NXTWEAR G !
Yes, but like many stereo devices, its a kind of torture because their web pages are fantastic but you cannot buy them:
https://www.tcl.com/global/en/glasses/tcl-nxtwearg/landing.html

Depthcam

On Thu, Jul 8, 2021 at 12:45 PM, Laurent DOLDI (Toulouse, France) wrote:
their web pages are fantastic but you cannot buy them

That's because they are not yet on the market !

Francois

Vlad

Laurent has already mentioned TCL glasses. Those have OLED screens and are the more expensive competitors to Shibo glasses.

Two new reviews for TCL glasses are quite positive:

https://www.technologytimes.pk/2021/07/18/future-tech-hands-on-with-unreleased-tcl-nxtwear-g-video-glasses/

Image quality wise, the statement is: "In terms of visual clarity, the micro-OLED screens in the glasses were sharp. The display was vibrant and looked great overall. The edges of the display had a little bit of rounding to them, but the vast majority of the visual area looked wonderful."

The following YT reviewer describes them from an average user perspective (he skips all tech stuff) but he claims that there is no detectable screen-door effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLGQkCPJyvg

John Clement

I just read a review of the TCL device and it did not mention 3D, or 4k, perhaps because reviewers have no interest in 3D.  Since the display is basically 2k it may just support 4k input.  NXT suggests using Blu-tooth headphones with the device, but it doesn’t say whether the glasses have built in Blu-tooth.  That is vital for me, as the sound needs to go through my hearing aids to be intelligible.  However, the aids do still not make British TV complexly intelligible.  That would require a big project.  The problem with Blu-tooth is that the aids only sync with a max of 2 devices, but the aid manufacturer sells a module to transmit to the aids automatically.  However it needs external power.  As the population grays, good hearing aid support is vital.  Most of the theater assisted hearing devices cannot send the sound through the aids, so they are fairly useless.  For me I would plug one into my TV transmitter and carry a battery pack for it.  Inconvenient, but it is workable.  A good review by the 3D community is needed.

TCL Nxtwear G Smart Glasses Preview | PCMag

John M. Clement

Laurent has already mentioned TCL glasses. Those have OLED screens and are the more expensive competitors to Shibo glasses.

Two new reviews for TCL glasses are quite positive:

https://www.technologytimes.pk/2021/07/18/future-tech-hands-on-with-unreleased-tcl-nxtwear-g-video-glasses/

Image quality wise, the statement is: "
In terms of visual clarity, the micro-OLED screens in the glasses were sharp. The display was vibrant and looked great overall. The edges of the display had a little bit of rounding to them, but the vast majority of the visual area looked wonderful."

The following YT reviewer describes them from an average user perspective (he skips all tech stuff) but he claims that there is no detectable screen-door effect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLGQkCPJyvg

toychinook

I also noted the absence of any mention of 3D or Stereoscopy...

as more and more items do not support "3D," I assume support "isn't."

there is a growing lack of interest generally.

maybe someday again - "Next year in Jerusalem ?"

Depthcam

> I just read a review of the TCL device and it did not mention 3D

3D is specifically supported and is mentioned in their PR:

> Since the display is basically 2k

Even though the actual view per eye is 1080p, companies offering such devices refer to 4K in that there are two such displays - one for each eye.  So in effect, it's similar to an SBS stereo image on a 4K TV display.

> but it doesn’t say whether the glasses have built in Blu-tooth

The glasses must be connected to a phone and the BT device pairs with the phone where the audio comes from.

Francois