Cascade Stereoscopic Club Monthly Zoom Meeting Invitation: Monday, July 26, 7:00 PM Pacific Time

Herb Weiner

Everyone is invited to the Cascade Stereoscopic Club Zoom Meeting on Monday, July 26, 7:00 PM Pacific Time.

The agenda is:
  • Everyone is invited to share their 3D photos. The theme of this month's meeting is Carts. Please email your photos, preferably in MPO format, to herbw@... no later than Noon Pacific Time Monday, July 26 (to allow time to prepare them for sharing at the meeting).
  • Open Projector / Show and Tell. If you wish, the more experienced photographers in the club will be happy to provide constructive feedback on any photos you wish to share. Please email your photos, preferably in MPO format, to herbw@... no later than Noon Pacific Time Monday, July 26 (to allow time to prepare them for sharing at the meeting).
  • We will select themes for future meetings.
  • David Allen will show a short demonstration of the techniques he used (with Photoshop and StereoPhoto Maker) to convert an old 2D photograph to 3D.
  • We will view the second part of ISU CODE Folio 27 slideshow.
  • As always, we will be pleased to answer any questions you have about 3D photography and the Cascade Stereoscopic Club.
Note that photos will be presented using Stereopix ROOMS (https://rooms.stereopix.net/csc). Stereopix ROOMS allows you to choose your preferred viewing method (e.g. Anaglyph, Parallel, Interlaced, etc.) for viewing photos. Here is a short (2 minute) YouTube video by Ken Kovar showing how to use Stereopix ROOMS to view photos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2cPQ1vlJ_4 .

For best results, you should join both the Zoom meeting and the Stereopix ROOMS website. If you wish, you can use two devices (e.g. a computer to join the Zoom meeting, and a tablet to join Stereopix ROOMS.

Herb Weiner is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Cascade Stereoscopic Club July Meeting
Time: Jul 26, 2021 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 890 1932 4208
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,89019324208# US (San Jose)
+12532158782,,89019324208# US (Tacoma)

Dial by your location
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 890 1932 4208
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kcCtKNDO2T

David_in_VA

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 03:25 PM, Herb Weiner wrote:
Everyone is invited to the Cascade Stereoscopic Club Zoom Meeting on Monday, July 26, 7:00 PM Pacific Time.

Thank you, Herb, for hosting this on Zoom and ROOMS.  It was an excellent meeting; well worth staying up late (on the East Coast) to attend!

Feedback for JackDesBwa:  I found that Stereopix ROOMS was a great way to view photos on my 3D TV (Sharp TV with active glasses).  For anyone interested, here is the procedure that worked for me:

1. Connect your computer to an HDMI input port on the TV.  (If your computer has a video output jack for DVI, Display Port, or Mini Display Port, instead of HDMI, you will need an adapter.)

2. When the first photo appears in ROOMS, configure it for full-frame side-by-side display.  Select either "Parallel view" or "Parallel anamorphic view".  Depending on your TV, one of these should produce the correct aspect ratio.  Also, be sure to select "Full Frame".

3. Configure your TV to process side-by-side input.  For my TV, you press a button on the remote labeled "3D".  The TV goes into 3D mode, and it shows a small menu of different input conversion methods (side-by-side, over-under, and some third method).  Select "side-by-side" and you're done.  Put on your glasses and enjoy.

After the meeting formally ended, someone asked if ROOMS could be used on a cell phone, to produce a "Google Cardboard" type of experience.  It seemed like it should be possible, so Herb re-started the ROOM, but some of us tried it on our phones and found that the display did not stay in sync with the presenter.  Earlier on my computer, ROOMS had maintained good sync with the presenter, so this might be a phone browser cache or update issue.  I may set up a ROOM myself, and see if I can diagnose what is happening.

In any event, many thanks to JackDesBwa for creating this great piece of software!

David

JackDesBwa|3D

but some of us tried it on our phones and found that the display did not stay in sync with the presenter.

Strange. I do not see why it would be different with mobile phones.
Just tried, and it was in sync. A friend tried some time ago with a VR headset and it worked as well.
I noticed that when I tried with a mobile connection instead of wifi, the first sync was slow, but it might be because the mobile network is not very stable here.

Let me know if you find something with your setup.

many thanks to JackDesBwa for creating this great piece of software!

You know where to donate for my stereoscopic projects.
First donations go to maintain stereopix online (and thus ROOMS which uses its viewer) and extra money goes to other stereoscopic projects, though it is far to cover the costs for next year for the moment (but there is plenty of time before next term)

JackDesBwa

jim fortaleza

David,

Thanks for this information. I have a 3D ready projector I'd like to try this on.

Jim Davidson

KenK

Edited

On Tue, Jul 27, 2021 at 08:53 AM, David_in_VA wrote:
For anyone interested, here is the procedure that worked for me:
David_in_VA provided very good simple instructions for viewing ROOMS on a 3DTV.

I would just like to add that using a device like a google chromecast or amazon fire tv stick in step 1 is also possible. Then "casting" from a chrome browser or using the "silk" browser on the fire tv stick provides a useful wireless solution.

For testing your configurations, you can use the following url, which uses the Stereopix embedded viewer for a "ROOMS like" experience. Note that you have to advance the slides manually with this url.
https://stereopicture3d.github.io/chicago3d/cscc0715/s_pix.html

KenK