Topics

Antique Stereoscope

George Themelis

Seen on ebay

Well it is a (stetho)"scope" after all, with "stereo" sound. 8-) . Linda

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 4:56 PM George Themelis <gathemelis@...> wrote:
Seen on ebay

timo@guildwood.net

Stereo-phone would make more sense. It’s all Greek to me.

Timo

On Sep 17, 2020, at 6:40 PM, Linda N <ljnygren@...> wrote:

Well it is a (stetho)"scope" after all, with "stereo" sound. 8-) . Linda

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 4:56 PM George Themelis <gathemelis@...> wrote:
Seen on ebay

George Themelis

Yeah, it’s Greek to me too :)

Stethos = chest
Stethoscope = an instrument to inspect the chest

Not stereophonic since it only has one sensor. Out of curiosity I searched for “stereophonic stethoscope” and found this:

While listening, you may close your eyes, but obviously you must use both hands to “drive” the stethoscope. You will hear a 3-dimensional symphony of lung sounds that will entertain you, if not actually augment your clinical diagnostic acuity. But I think the stereophonic stethoscope will do the latter too.”

George

Stereo-phone would make more sense. It’s all Greek to me.

Timo

On Sep 17, 2020, at 6:40 PM, Linda N <ljnygren@...> wrote:

Well it is a (stetho)"scope" after all, with "stereo" sound. 8-) . Linda

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 4:56 PM George Themelis <gathemelis@...> wrote:
Seen on ebay

So binaural but not stereophonic. Like viewing a 2D image with both eyes? Linda