3D-Con 2021 ‘3D on Social Media’ Special Interest Group #futureOf3D New SIG (Special Interest Group) #futureOf3D


John Rupkalvis
 

Regarding the SIG, I would like to suggest that we have a new SIG on
the concept of "Rescuing stereoscopic 3-D". This would be an endeavor
whereby everybody participating would make suggestions of ways by
which we could turn around the current trend of more and more people
disparaging anything about 3-D imaging in motion pictures, television,
computers, simulated realities, gaming, etc.

This negativity, which is resulting in the disappearance of 3-D is
very bad, and not even logical. Normal vision is in 3-D. 2-D, with
everything squashed down to a very unnatural flat plane is a severe
distortion. This is the message that we must figure out a way to get
to the general public, so that people will want 3-D so desperately
that they demand it from all imaging sources and suppliers. Nothing
short of a complete international boycott of all 2-D images and
devices will result in the global market converting from distorted 2-D
to normal natural 3-D in all imaging systems. This is what this new
SIG should be all about.

For methods of achieving this goal, we should look at another system
that was suffering from a similar marketing problem. Monaural sound
systems were the only ones available for many years after the
invention and marketing of stereophonic sound, and later surround
sound systems. We should look at how these were marketed. This could
be and should be all part of this SIG.


--
John A. Rupkalvis
stereoscope3d@gmail.com

[image: Picture]


Gordon Au
 

Hi John,
This is off-topic for the titular SIG, but I'll forward your idea to the organizers for future consideration.
- Gordon


John Rupkalvis
 

This is NOT off-topic at all! The topic is SIG (Special Interest
Group), and that is exactly what this is about.<div
id="DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2"><br />
<table style="border-top: 1px solid #D3D4DE;">
<tr>
<td style="width: 55px; padding-top: 13px;"><a
href="https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=icon"
target="_blank"><img
src="https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-round-orange-animated-no-repeat-v1.gif"
alt="" width="46" height="29" style="width: 46px; height: 29px;"
/></a></td>
<td style="width: 470px; padding-top: 12px; color: #41424e;
font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
line-height: 18px;">Virus-free. <a
href="https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail&utm_term=link"
target="_blank" style="color: #4453ea;">www.avast.com</a>
</td>
</tr>
</table><a href="#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2" width="1"
height="1"></a></div>

On 6/18/21, Gordon Au <gordonburi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi John,
This is off-topic for the titular SIG, but I'll forward your idea to the
organizers for future consideration.
- Gordon





--
John A. Rupkalvis
stereoscope3d@gmail.com

[image: Picture]


 

John, this topic WAS about a particular SIG group (3D in Social Media) that was seeking input and suggestions.

The 5 Special Interest Group (SIG) slots initially set on the convention schedule have all been filled (View-master, 3D phones and tablets, 3D on Social Media, MF3D [Medium Format film 3D], and Stereocard Makers). But if you (or others) would like to propose leading an additional "SIG" or other discussion session, please contact me off-list. There is a possibility that it could be added to the schedule.  Linda N, SIG coordinator for 2021 3D-con  
https://www.3d-con.com/ (Note that the website for this year is a work in progress and does not yet include many details, but registration is open)

JR wrote:
>Regarding the SIG, I would like to suggest that we have a new SIG on
>the concept of "Rescuing stereoscopic 3-D". This would be an endeavor
>whereby everybody participating would make suggestions of ways by
>which we could turn around the current trend of more and more people
>disparaging anything about 3-D imaging in motion pictures, television,
>computers, simulated realities, gaming, etc.


On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 9:52 PM John Rupkalvis <stereoscope3d@...> wrote:
This is NOT off-topic at all!   The topic is SIG (Special Interest
Group), and that is exactly what this is about.<div


KenK
 

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 08:57 AM, Linda N wrote:
https://www.3d-con.com/ (Note that the website for this year is a work in progress and does not yet include many details, but registration is open)
Registration to this year's 3d-con is now OPEN 

This was news to me which ties into the topic of social media. I much prefer groups.io, or almost anywhere else, to Facebook.   

KenK


timo@guildwood.net
 

Ditto here!

Timo

Sent from BlueMail

On Jun 20, 2021, at 8:07 AM, KenK <stereopicture3d@...> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 08:57 AM, Linda N wrote:
https://www.3d-con.com/ (Note that the website for this year is a work in progress and does not yet include many details, but registration is open)
Registration to this year's 3d-con is now OPEN 

This was news to me which ties into the topic of social media. I much prefer groups.io, or almost anywhere else, to Facebook.   

KenK