Focus problem with twin rig #cameras-issues #3d-cameras

allen KC2KLC

Don't know if this is the best place for my question, but I don't see a twin rig Canon group (looks like there is/was a twin rig Samsung group that appears to be inactive). I bought a Canon A570 IS twin rig setup using SDM software quite some time ago; it had several problems, most of which I've remedied. The only remaining issue is this: The lower right-hand portion of pictures taken with one of the cameras (doesn't matter if it's configured as the left or right) is out-of-focus. This is very consistent (every shot). I know what you're thinking - clean the lens! But I did - and the curious thing is, if I take out the SDM card, put in a blank card, and use it as a regular camera, it does not exhibit this focus problem.

I'm at a loss to imagine how this is possible. Does anyone have any ideas - or suggestions as to what would be a better forum to ask this in? Thanks!

allen

Jeff Ewen

The group you overlooked was the stereo data maker (SDM) group.  There are many references to your camera in that archive. Does the issue occur with the same sd card in either camera (in that the issue follows the SD card)? Do the cameras have the same firmware version installed?  Have you worked your way through the SDM menus for each camera looking for a difference? I have no experience with your cameras but I have used SDM successfully.

Jeff

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021, 9:50 am allen KC2KLC, <groups.io_user@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Jeff - I'll try the SDM group. The problem does NOT follow the card (I switched cards to switch the left/right roles of the cameras, and the problem remained with the camera), so SDM is not implicated, but I'll check the camera firmware.