Phantograms In Virtual Reality

Okay, kids, if you wanna see something kewler than kewl, look the phantograms at http://Stereopix.net in VR with the OVR Toolkit.
Use SBS mode in both, place the phantograms flat on a surface, back up to the magic 45 degree angle, and buh-buh bingo!

I might try this the next time I'm on the golf course!

Whoops. There's not very many 3D phantograms on Stereopix.net.
Who's got a decent collection of them we can look at in virtual reality?

JackDesBwa|3D

Okay, kids, if you wanna see something kewler than kewl, look the phantograms at http://Stereopix.net in VR with the OVR Toolkit.

If you are using a browser that supports WebXR (e.g. Firefox Reality, Occulus browser...) and select this mode in the viewer, the phantograms on Stereopix are displayed horizontally in the virtual reality environment.

JackDesBwa

On Sun, Apr 18, 2021 at 11:41 PM, JackDesBwa|3D wrote:
If you are using a browser that supports WebXR (e.g. Firefox Reality, Occulus browser...) and select this mode in the viewer, the phantograms on Stereopix are displayed horizontally in the virtual reality environment.

Yes, I know, Jack, and I also use the WebXR mode, but this is a whole 'nuther monkey in my zoo.
I'm using side-by-side view (crossed or parallel) in Stereopix (or any other image visible on my computer screen(s)), and the OVR Toolkit converts them to VR mode on-the-fly. The advantage to this is I can look at these *inside* virtual reality environments via SteamVR.
This is, by far, the kewlest thing I've ever seen in 3D, so I'm working on 3D pop-ups (phantograms) in VR, next, and I have a choice of using traditional phantograms, or actually creating them inside VR. I need to create some of my own, since I'm going to show this process on YouTube (in 3D), and don't want to use copyrighted images.