Ingenuity on Mars in 3D #stereopix

KenK

If you want to see cute little Ingenuity on Mars in 3D, check out
https://mars.stereopix.net/
Go to the Perseverance tab
Enter Mission Sol as "44" and click the Submit button
Click on the first thumbnail image

Thanks to JackDesBwa for creating this great website.

Ingenuity is the little helicopter on Mars that is "aww-inspiring". Here are some non-3d links with info.
https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/2433:_Mars_Rovers
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-invites-public-to-take-flight-with-ingenuity-mars-helicopter

KenK

JackDesBwa|3D

Edited

The same day, the navcam photographed it with a longer focal, but it was split in 4 images.
I tried to assemble them and create a phantogram from it. The shooting conditions were not ideal for it, so that the helicopter is very stretched in height, but I published it nonetheless.
You might want to look at it from a lower position than usual to get better proportions.
[Removed link, now broken]

The MastCam-Z photographed it too on SOL45 (arrived in the public repository in the meanwhile), better framed and with a smaller base.
I will probably redo the phantogram with this shot and delete the one I finished a few hours ago.

By the way, this picture was also used in today's APOD: https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap210408.html

JackDesBwa

KenK

Yes! And the image on Mission sol 45 is a good example of the benefit of the stereopix viewer. You can "have it your way" (anaglyph vs SBS vs etc...).
https://mars.stereopix.net/

JackDesBwa|3D

Here is my updated phantogram: https://stereopix.net/photo:koUNd1puWc/

JackDesBwa

Gordon Au

This tool hasn't been working for me for a couple of days (https://mars.stereopix.net/)—the gallery for each Sol displays, but when clicking on any matched pair, it doesn't displays the stereos, though it does take time to load them, and does show the links. Is it undergoing update, JackDesBwa, or hopefully not some problem with my browser/computer? Thank you again for the great tool!

- Gordon

JackDesBwa|3D

Is it undergoing update, JackDesBwa, or hopefully not some problem with my browser/computer?

The problem was introduced with the update of the viewer on Stereopix (redundant command removed, but still used by this app).
It was fixed a few days ago, but the service which hosts it keeps restarting the app with an older version :-(
I will destroy and recreate the configuration in hope it would fix this.

JackDesBwa