Using SPM with PNG format files -- odd behavior. #SPM #macOS

I have an odd problem with StereoPhoto Maker when opening PNG files. If you look at the attachment, what I see in SPM is on the left and the same image shown on the right is displayed using Preview (the general image/document viewer for the Mac). I am using the latest version of SPM (v6.15). I was hoping I could create MPO files from PNG L/R pairs, but I'm having trouble right out of the gate -- not understanding why SPM apparently does not like the PNG files I have. Also attached the original PNG image.

Antonio F.G.

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 12:24 PM, Bill Costa wrote:

I have an odd problem with StereoPhoto Maker when opening PNG files.

It happens to me exactly the same! I am using SPM in a Linux box with Crossover.

I guess... maybe the metadata of the PNG is wrong? NO, the image has no metadata.

I have tried to edit it a little and save in a new PNG. In one case the problem disappeared and in other repeated itself.
It seems a combination of a faulty PNG format with a less than optimal decoding at SPM.

Regards
     Antonio

Bill Costa as just a member

Thanks for posting your experience.  Good to know it is not just me.  I ended up using the ImageMagick `convert` command line utility which had no problems doing the conversions.

--
Bill.Costa@...
+1.603.435.8526