Stereopix ROOMS YouTube Video #ROOMS

KenK

Many groups are now using Stereopix Rooms during their zoom calls but some of the participants may not be familiar with the interface.
Here is a short 2 minute YouTube video on how to use Stereopix Rooms from a users perspective
https://tinyurl.com/RoomsUser

(see the YouTube video description for additional info and a few "Thank You"s to some very talented folks)

KenK

Paul Thoele

Just connected my old 3D-TV (Interlaced Modell) to the Net for using it as a big screen in Jitsi Meetings with ROOMS for the 3D-Pictures.

Used a Raspi Pi 4 with Ubuntu Mate 20.10 for the Network connection.

Spend some time with the TV to fix the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan problem.

Testing ROOMS was successful using FireFox on the Raspi.

Thanks for the new "Reverse" and "Forward" botton in the ROOMS Presenter screen.

Can now watch also this interlaced pictures https://www.fotocommunity.de/spezial/pol-und-kmq/14724 on the old 3D-TV in Full-Screen Mode.

Regards
Paul

KenK

Hi Theo,

I have an Amazon Fire TV Stick attached to the LG 3D TV.
It allows the Firefox browser to be loaded as an app.
In Firefox I was able to go to rooms.stereopix.net and enter the room "ddd"
I selected the "Top-Bottom anamorphic view" method
Then switched the TV from 2D mode to the appropriate "Top-Bottom" 3D format
The 3D TV then displays the output in interlaced format.

KenK

JackDesBwa|3D

Theo, are you talking about using the internal browser of the TV?
In this case, it will never work with ROOMS. The engine does not have the "modern" scripting features and supporting this kind of browsers is a nightmare. Furthermore, even with some efforts, I am not sure that it would have all the required functionalities for having the realtime session.
The viewer of Stereopix itself does have all sort of retro-compatibility mechanisms. It worked with interleaved mode in the past, but I never tried again with the new updates.

JackDesBwa

Jay Kusnetz

Thank you for this video.

thvandam

Hello KenK,
Thanks for the video.
You have a LG tv in de demo. Rooms on TV makes it very attractive for club meetings.
My LG TV cannot show (Room-) Stereopix pictures in interlaced mode correctly. Also not from webpages with a html5 viewer.
The tv checked its LG update. I assume the browser is outdated for interlaced. The lines do not fit. It also did not pick up the Rooms control of the room "ddd": name: Unknown; connected: No. My phone could connect easily.
I guess it is not only my tv with this browser problem!
Other experiences? Tips? Anyone!

I can only get it right when the TV is HDMI cable connected to a laptop and runs as a second monitor. Then it works fine with Stereopix and Rooms and with html5 viewers in web browsers.

Thanks,
Theo

JackDesBwa|3D

Thanks for this clear tutorial!

Indeed.

There is another useful tip: you can also simply copy/paste the URL of the json instead of it's content.

True.
There is another tip: you can add the name of the room in the address (avoid special characters) to link directly to the room (e.g. https://rooms.stereopix.net/ddd). Useful if you send the link by mail/chat/webpage.

JackDesBwa

Pierre MEINDRE

Hi KenK,

Thanks for this clear tutorial!

There is another useful tip: you can also simply copy/paste the URL of the json instead of it's content.
For instance, in the JSON text area, paste https://tinyurl.com/json3d
and click the Send button.

The json file will be downloaded from the supplied URL and it's content displayed.

Pierre.