Vojta, future stereographer?

Matej Bohac

Dear friends,

I just uploaded a (hypo)stereo of my new-born son Vojta - a future stereophotographer?

https://stereopix.net/photo:bEeyJd6ZHm/

regards,

Matej Bohac

PS: I hope this won't be considered off-topic here:-)

Bill Costa as just a member

Very nice photo -- and congratulations on your new little future
photographer! No 3D photo is off-topic for this list. I'm impressed
with the lighting. What was the environment -- did you set up studio
lighting?

--
Bill.Costa@alumni.unh.edu
+1.603.435.8526

Matej Bohac

Thank you, Bill!

On 1/12/21 11:25 PM, Bill Costa as just a member wrote:
What was the environment -- did you set up studio
lighting?
It was just available light in the delivery room, a very short time after the birth.

If you were interested in the technical data:
Twin Canon S90 on a beam-splitter "macro-box". 1/20s, f/3.2, ISO 200, hand-held... and some minor post-production.
I bracketed the base so I do not know the exact interocular for this particular photo, but I guess it was around 10mm, yielding max. deviation of 1/35th.

Matej

Nicolas

Congrats !

Pierre MEINDRE

Congratulations Matej!

Beautiful 3D picture!

Pierre.

I just uploaded a (hypo)stereo of my new-born son Vojta - a future
stereophotographer?

https://stereopix.net/photo:bEeyJd6ZHm/

regards,

Matej Bohac

PS: I hope this won't be considered off-topic here:-)

Etienne Monneret (Perso)

Edited

Goscinny would say : Fell in the stereo potion when he was a baby.

Le 12/01/2021 à 23:00, Matej Bohac a écrit :
Dear friends,

I just uploaded a (hypo)stereo of my new-born son Vojta - a future stereophotographer?

https://stereopix.net/photo:bEeyJd6ZHm/

regards,

Matej Bohac

PS: I hope this won't be considered off-topic here:-)

Depthcam

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 04:00 PM, Matej Bohac wrote:

I just uploaded a (hypo)stereo of my new-born son Vojta - a future stereophotographer?

If you are a big fan of 3D, chances are that your son will not care for it.  He will say "Oh no !  Here's dad with his crazy cameras again !!!"

So get ready now.  He will be an accountant ! ;-)

Francois

mary paul

Francois,
If you don't want your children to be stereo photographers tell them they can't do it.
Maybe they will try just to spite you.
Mary
-------------------------------------
<<I just uploaded a (hypo)stereo of my new-born son Vojta - a future stereophotographer?

If you are a big fan of 3D, chances are that your son will not care for it.  He will say "Oh no !  Here's dad with his crazy cameras again !!!"

So get ready now.  He will be an accountant ! ;-)

Francois >>

Matej Bohac

Thanks to everyone!

Francois: Very true. I am ready:-)
But who knows... It's important to inspire but not to disgust. I know about cases when interests were inherited from generation to generation.

Matej

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 11:57 AM, Matej Bohac wrote:
I know about cases when interests were inherited from generation to generation

Of course, there are cases that did turn out quite well.  Take Jeroen deWijs, for example !

Francois

John Rupkalvis

A lot depends upon the circumstances, especially when they include the viewing of stereoscopic images when very young.  For example, when I was only a few months old my grandmother would show me stereo cards from her huge collection with what she called her "parlor stereoscope".  This inspired my mother to give me a Tru-Vue viewer with several rolls of Tru-Vue films for my third birthday, by which time I had seen hundreds, probably thousands of stereoscopic 3-D images in various forms in addition to the stereo cards.  This strengthened my eye muscles to the point where I was able to freeview both parallel and transposed (crossview) by the time that I was six years old.

John A. Rupkalvis
stereoscope3d@...

Picture

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 10:05 AM Matej Bohac <matej@...> wrote:
Thanks to everyone!

Francois: Very true. I am ready:-)
But who knows... It's important to inspire but not to disgust. I know
about cases when interests were inherited from generation to generation.

Matej

On 1/14/21 10:53 AM, Depthcam via groups.io wrote:
> If you are a big fan of 3D, chances are that your son will not care for
> it.  He will say "Oh no !  Here's dad with his crazy cameras again !!!"
>
> So get ready now.  He will be an accountant ! ;-)

Depthcam

Of course, another method is to indoctrinate the little tyke !

For example: "Come on little Vojta.  Daddy will get you some nice chocolate cake as soon as you have viewed these three nice View-Master reels !"

The child will soon learn to associate viewing 3D pictures with "reward" ! :P

Francois