Thumnail handling Was:My viewer for 3DTV #software #viewing

John Clement

There might be a way of creating an indicator on the type of file.  When a file type is assigned to open a particular program there used be an indicator of the program.  However this seems to have vanished.  There might be a setting for this, but a cursory look did not find it.  If you assign MPO to open SPM then it used to have a little indicator in lower R corner of the shumbnail.

Examining the registry file that displays thumbnails di not enlighten me as to a fix.

Two workarounds could be done.

  1. Put something in the file name or title that indicates what it is.  But DO NO diddle the title or any other metadata in an MPO unless you have a metadata editor that understands the MPO format.  Diddling the metadata using Explorer will kill the second image, which destroys the 3D.
  2. Hovering over the file in question will tell you the file type JPG or MPO

This is one of the cases where SBS is an advantage because you can see it is 3D.

John M. Clement