‘Screen Door Effect’, sure. But ‘Mura’? #viewing #vrheadset

This is a new term for me...

"Mura: For various reasons, it’s challenging to make each pixel
display exactly the same color, even if the computer output to the
display is a frame consisting of one singular color value. Mura is the
result of poor color and brightness consistency from one pixel to the
next."

-- Understanding the Difference Between ‘Screen Door Effect’, ‘Mura’, &
‘Aliasing’

https://www.roadtovr.com/whats-the-difference-between-screen-door-effect-sde-mura-aliasing-vr-headset/

Wish there was a more concise but well recognized term for the 'screen
door effect'. I believe pixelation is similar but different.

...BC

Bill G

Good article Bill...
I would call screen door effect, (I call it pixelation)...
is when you can see the individual pixels.
this can be a result of the unlit gaps between the pixels, or pixels which are too large, or any mix of the two, hence why pixelation IMO is a better definition of the effect.  Our visual acuity comes into play as well.
On the Sony phone with the Matej 100mm lenses, I see pixelation in white areas due to the herringbone effect (pixel layout) and the means of which white is displayed in the pixels and in the pixel pattern.
So, there is many causes of pixelation with digital displays....if you can see pixels, its pixelation
(my $.02)
For white color on the display, I think it would take about 120 ppd to see no pixels (depending on pixel type and layout)  assuming 20/20 vision.  The snellen chart determines our ability to discern a font.  Imagery is a different story altogether.  Without boring u with extreme details, human vision can actually discern "differences" up to 10x vs. 20/20 vision as measured on a snellen chart.