Stereoscopic 3D game photography enthusiasts? #videogames

Nima

I was wondering if anyone else here is a game photography enthusiast who captures 3D images in games?  Of course a lot of Nintendo 3DS software had 3D photo export options(though they came out the same resolution as the display, which was suboptimal) but my favorite experiences in the past were using Tridef 3D to do single button captures of 3D photos in games.  I ended up spending a lot of my time playing Final Fantasy 14 role-playing as a photographer in Eorzea, running around and taking the most breath-taking 3D photos I could.

lMy process involves using a game that expressly has a photo mode(those that don't make it near-impossible to get clean shots that don't need additional editing after the fact), taking a series of lateral photos in a row, and then stitching them together in i3DSteroid and seeing which disparity looks the best.  Then I export the SBS so I can post it to LeiaPix, or make a Lightfield animation out of it.

Here's a 3D photo from Spider-Man: Miles Morales on the PlayStation 5.

Parallel View:

Crosseye View:

I was wondering if anyone else here is a game photography enthusiast
who captures 3D images in games?
That's something that did not even occur to me, but it certain makes a
lot of sense, especially given all the effort that goes into the
artwork for some of these games. On my long list of things to do some
day is spend some time capturing some 3D stills from some of my
favorite 3D movies. Thanks for sharing your captured image.

...BC

Bill G

Damn, that has some serious potential, what an interesting premise.  I am not a gamer, but like previously mentioned, when you consider the cost involved in getting this animation scenes accurate, I bet there would be some amazing captures!  Of course, even more so with 3d movies!
Bill

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 2:53 AM Nima <contactnimaz@...> wrote:

[...]

Attachments:

Depthcam

There was a guy on Phereo that often posted sets of stereo pairs shot within video games.

Francois

Pierre MEINDRE

I've downloaded 12 images extracted from the game Metro Exodus by "Froggerdog".
They are 3D-360° and viewed in my Oculus Quest they are nothing less than astonishing!

Post on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/as015i/metro_exodus_360_stereo3d_screenshot_album/

Dropbow where are the images:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/adis34iyyqzxmlb/AAAkHs5O46RhN_OsGlUkG7j8a?dl=0