Android wiggle soft #viewing #android

alexunderboots

Friends, please advise me an android app that can convert SBS to wiggle-video (mp4). Preferably with the ability to edit the speed, shifting the focal point

Nima

It's not exactly what you're looking for, but LeiaPlayer is an Android app that comes with Lume Pad that can turn 3D images into what we call "Lightfield Animations", as unlike Wiggle GIFs, this uses advanced computer vision algorithms to generate a number of intermediate views to make the effect smoother.  It's a single button press to export within LeiaPlayer, and can export as either a GIF or an MP4.  You can't edit the speed or focal point though, this is designed to be a one-size-fits-most solution.

Attached is an example of an SBS-turned-GIF.  If anyone has an SBS they'd like converted, I'd be happy to convert one or two to GIFs to share here if you post to this thread.

Andy Modla

Hi Nima,
Thanks for posting, somehow I missed this feature in LeiaPlayer.
I think it looks great.
I tried it with a SBS I made sequentially with a hand held camera.
I found the GIF image is 648x480 px, file size 10.7 MB, 60 p
and the MP4 video is 1116x824 px, file size 7.2 MB, duration 3.28 seconds.
Attached the video.
-Andy

Andy Modla

Hi Lima,
I noticed I could not export GIF or video from a 2x2 (LL, LM, RM, RR) photo in LeiaPlayer, only 2x1 (SBS) format.
-Andy

Vlad

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 10:21 PM, <al.tar44046@...> wrote:
> please advise me an android app that can convert SBS to wiggle-video (mp4)
Try Camarada app ...  it exports wiggles into GIF animation or into mp4. The wiggles quality is quite good.

Nima

I noticed I could not export GIF or video from a 2x2 (LL, LM, RM, RR) photo in LeiaPlayer, only 2x1 (SBS) format.

Yes, only Leia Image Format and SBS are supported.  The issue we have with 2x2 is that most of our algorithms are designed to work on 2 views or a single view and a disparity map.  None of the algorithms are 4-view-aware, and so the option we have is either build an entirely new algorithm that takes that into account, or just throw out 2 views(so either throw out the outer two or the inner two).  Neither solution seems too great, so instead we just don't support quad images with some features unfortunately.  Our data does show that(last time I checked) less than 5% of our users use quads.  However, quads are a pro user feature, so that number may have significantly increased with the launch of the Lume Pad.  Either way I'll pass along the feedback.

Nima

alexunderboots

I was very pleased with the Intrusive advertising comments from Lume-pad. in the spirit of "need a vacuum cleaner - buy Lume pad", " need toilet paper - buy Lume pad" )))))))

Back to wiggle for Android:
1. 3DSteroidPro - can show wiggle from sbs, but can't save it.
2. KulaScope - with sbs works fully, slightly thoughtful, wiggle saves as mp4, wiggle speed can not be adjusted