Topics

New page fluorescent minerals for sView plugin

jetozour

http://tozourfluorescentrocks.net/2d/Page51ebay2020/Page51ebay2020Plugin.html

I made a new page for some rocks I got on ebay, with the usual viewing methods including links to jps files that open the sView application ( not the plugin), then I decided to make another page with embeded jps files to use the plugin. It works fine
with Internet Explorer, it should also work with the versions of Firefox ESR that work with Phereo and Stereopix.

Jim Tozour

Olivier Cahen

Your link does not work. When I click on an image, nothing appears.

Olivier Cahen

Le 6 juil. 2020 à 02:17, jetozour <jtozour@...> a écrit :

http://tozourfluorescentrocks.net/2d/Page51ebay2020/Page51ebay2020Plugin.html

I made a new page for some rocks I got on ebay, with the usual viewing methods including links to jps files that open the sView application ( not the plugin), then I decided to make another page with embeded jps files to use the plugin. It works fine
with Internet Explorer, it should also work with the versions of Firefox ESR that work with Phereo and Stereopix.

Jim Tozour

p_thoele

http://tozourfluorescentrocks.net/2d/Page51ebay2020/Page51ebay2020Plugin.html

Your link does not work. When I click on an image, nothing appears.

It works fine on my IE 11 and SeaMonkey 2.49.5.

P.S. Jim: Thanks for your wonderfull 3D Website

Regards

Paul

jetozour

Oliver and Paul,
Thanks very much for the feedback. This is the problem with outdated methods like plugins. They will work on one person's setup and be unstable or not work at all on another one.

Jim Tozour

robert mcafee

SeaMonkey?  Is this another browser?

On Monday, July 6, 2020, 07:00:53 AM EDT, p_thoele via groups.io <p_thoele@...> wrote:

http://tozourfluorescentrocks.net/2d/Page51ebay2020/Page51ebay2020Plugin.html

Your link does not work. When I click on an image, nothing appears.

It works fine on my IE 11 and SeaMonkey 2.49.5.

P.S. Jim: Thanks for your wonderfull 3D Website

Regards

Paul

I use Chrome browser on my Windows 10 PC, so the sView plugin version did not work. But on the page from the link in your message, there is a a link back to the "regular" page ("page 51 ebay2020"), where  clicking on each image opens it in the stereo format of my choice (LR, and zooming a bit smaller for freeviewing),  using the html5 viewer. Nice images. These lend a whole new meaning to the importance of lighting. I am sure these would look great on a 3D phone, and will look at them that way later.  Linda N

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 6:42 AM jetozour <jtozour@...> wrote:
Oliver and Paul,
Thanks very much for the feedback. This is the problem with outdated methods like plugins. They will work on one person's setup and be unstable or not work at all on another one.

Jim Tozour

robert mcafee

What settings do you use in the HTML5 viewer for you 3D Phone (and which model phone)?

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 11:39 AM, Linda N
<ljnygren@...> wrote:
[...]

SeaMonkey is a combination of IRC client, Mail+News client, Browser and Composer.
Composer is a simple Web-Editor which I used long long time ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SeaMonkey

Download:
https://www.seamonkey-project.org/

More browsers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers

If you are looking for a "different browser" you may start here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_engine

Paul

jetozour

Linda N wrote: Nice images. These lend a whole new meaning to the importance of lighting.

Linda,
Thank You very much! I viewed some of your pictures on Phereo when it was working better than it is today. They are all beautiful. I am especially attracted to your IR pictures since they deal with wavelengths outside of the visible spectrum like the wavelengths I use to excite the minerals to get the colors in my pictures. Sometimes the minerals actually fluoresce in colors we can't see. They can't emit wavelengths lower than the wavelength that excites them, but they can emit colors that are still below the visible spectrum. Here is another rock I got on eBay: http://tozourfluorescentrocks.net/2d/Page51ebay2020/WillemitePurpleSmithsoniteMillerCanyonArizonaSW.html  The shortwave UV picture on eBay (taken with a phone) showed a blue or purple area, The description on eBay was Willemite and Purple Smithsonite. When trying to take a picture of the rock under my highest power shortwave UV lamp, I could see a gray - blue area, but my camera would not see the blue no matter what! Finally, I happened to look at the front of the camera and saw the letters UV. It was the filter on the lens that was really just put there to protect the lens but was also a UV filter to filter out haze. I took off the filter and now there was blue! I think that the fluorescence was probably mostly in the UV spectrum with just a little bit at the bottom of the visible spectrum.
Jim Tozour