software for editing and synchronizing stereo 3D video or photos #software #howto

alexunderboots

original https://qantium.livejournal.com/2845.html#cutid1

At one time, very long sought the most simple and convenient program for editing and editing 3D materials.
As a result, after trying Sony Vegas, Premiere pro stopped at MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2016 Premium.

MAGIX Movie Edit is just perfect for editing videos or photos, as well as for creating slideshows.
Magix Movie Edit Pro 2013 Making Stereo 3d Movies for YouTube or WWW Tutorial

Also in MAGIX Movie Edit Pro can be installed additional plug-ins such as the excellent proPad Meracalli v2 there is a simple cool synchronization, but there is also built-in, in principle, does not work worse.
Cool stabilization in the plugin Deshaker.

John Clement

A benefit of Movie Edit Pro (MEP) for 3D is that it creates a video with metadata to indicate it is 3D.  However while it is very flexible, it cannot create a 3D Blu-ray.  For that you need Cyberlink Power Director (PD), which also puts in metadata for SBS Mp4.  MEP also has auto 3D alignment, but it is applied only for a full scene that you have cut apart.  Both can be very balky for specific tasks.  I used MEP to align dual strip 3D created from a misaligned FS DVD.  However if you want good spot removal and other good restoration features VirtuadDub2 with a variety of filters such as Neat and Dsharp are indispensable.

Each editing program has a number of great features that others do not, so really one needs to have several of them.  For example PD can put in closed captioning, which is not available on many other programs.  My Fuji W3 has some hot pixels that had to be removed in a video.  VD plus DeLogo did it in a snap.  All I had to do was get a snap or one frame of my SBS video in Bitmap format showing the spots.  Then cover each spot with “pure red” 255,0,0 and feed it into DeLogo and the spots were gone.  PhotoShop extended can be used to do frame by frame editing which is indispensable for decayed 3D or 2D movies.

John M. Clement

At one time, very long sought the most simple and convenient program for editing and editing 3D materials.

As a result, after trying Sony Vegas, Premiere pro stopped at MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 2016 Premium.

MAGIX Movie Edit is just perfect for editing videos or photos, as well as for creating slideshows.
Magix Movie Edit Pro 2013 Making Stereo 3d Movies for YouTube or WWW Tutorial

Also in MAGIX Movie Edit Pro can be installed additional plug-ins such as the excellent proPad Meracalli v2 there is a simple cool synchronization, but there is also built-in, in principle, does not work worse.

Cool stabilization in the plugin Deshaker.

Gerhard P. Herbig

Only for the case, you didn't already know that:
Cosima will synchronize your 3D-videos fully-automatically using the audio streams embedded in the videos
(of course only on a frame-by-frame base, not sub-framed!).
And for deshaking, Cosima uses the very-powerful Deshaker tool of Gunnar Thalin for analyzing (pass 1).
The results are used together with the geometrical image correction to have only one processing step.
Gerhard

markgambier

A couple of questions about Cosimo:

Will it automatically open and align MPO files?
Can it create anaglyphs?

Thanks.

-- Mark

On Monday, June 29, 2020, 05:15:28 PM EDT, Gerhard P. Herbig <post@...> wrote:

Only for the case, you didn't already know that:
Cosima will synchronize your 3D-videos fully-automatically using the
audio streams embedded in the videos
(of course only on a frame-by-frame base, not sub-framed!).
And for deshaking, Cosima uses the very-powerful Deshaker tool of Gunnar
Thalin for analyzing (pass 1).
The results are used together with the geometrical image correction to
have only one processing step.
Gerhard

Georg Klein

As a Cosima is a professional software for stereographers, opening and aligning MPOs and creating anaglyphs are some of the really basic functions.
The function I love most in Cosima is, that it offers parameter files for all your standard operations and that you can prepare your own parameter files for special operations.

You will be surprised about the wealth of Cosima's functions.
http://www.cosima-3d.de/features.html

Best regards

Georg Klein

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:52 PM, markgambier wrote:

A couple of questions about Cosima:

Will it automatically open and align MPO files?
Can it create anaglyphs?

Thanks.

-- Mark

You will be surprised about the wealth of Cosima's functions.
http://www.cosima-3d.de/features.html
We do not hear enough about Cosima on this forum and I am always
interested in hearing more. If starting a new thread specifically
about this 3D image editor, I would encourage the use of the hashtag
#cosima in the subject line. There is already a #SPM tag for
StereoPhoto Maker, although there are no threads tagged with it yet.

...BC

Gerhard P. Herbig

Hello,

We do not hear enough about Cosima on this forum and I am always
interested in hearing more. If starting a new thread specifically
about this 3D image editor, I would encourage the use of the hashtag
#cosima in the subject line. There is already a #SPM tag for
StereoPhoto Maker, although there are no threads tagged with it yet.
I made just an update of the site http://www.cosima-3d.de/features.html
to cover the main features of Cosima.

Cosima is not free, so I don't want to misuse this forum for advertisment.

But of course: I'm always willing to reply on every question regarding Cosima.

Cosima is on the market since 2004 and since offers automatic stereo correction for 3D images and 3D videos.

Will it automatically open and align MPO files?
Sure ;-)

Can it create anaglyphs?
There are some books on the market, which used Cosima.
Cosima offers color calibration for ghostfree anaglyph prints.

Gerhard Peter