Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2020 8:08 AM
Subject: [Photo-3d] A new era in 3D photography?: Smallrig Handle with Integrated Trigger for Sony #sony3drigs #sony3drigs

This is interesting. I've purchased a few misc pieces from SmallRig and found the quality to be top notch.

( First groups.io post, we'll see how it goes )

https://www.smallrig.com/smallrig-right-side-wooden-hand-grip-with-record-start-stop-remote-trigger-for-sony-mirrorless-cameras-hsr2511.html

Scott Williams

Wouldn't it be a ready made trigger for a pair of twinned sony cameras?

In a bracket you'd have a grip and trigger-in-one

You're shooting twin Sony's now George, yes?
Maybe I'm mistaken re: interest, sorry.

George Themelis

You are not mistaken, I am shooting with a variety of twin Sony cameras.

I just could not see how this handle will help with my rigs. In a twin rig, you need a twin cable, so a single cable like this does not help. A twin cable either connects two cameras so you fire both cameras from one camera’s shutter button, or it has its own switch.

George

Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2020 8:01 PM

Wouldn't it be a ready made trigger for a pair of twinned sony cameras?

In a bracket you'd have a grip and trigger-in-one

You're shooting twin Sony's now George, yes?
Maybe I'm mistaken re: interest, sorry.

Depthcam

Looks like a USB-C connector at the other end instead of the usual 2.5mm plug.

Anyway, no - as is - this cannot be used to trigger a pair of cameras.

Francois