May, 1: A new era in 3D photography?: Sony multi-terminal era

Jose Barbera

Speaking of physiology is very different from talking about philosophy, because it is necessary to describe the anatomical and biochemical supports of the supposed physiological process. Without them it is not possible to describe any process (digestive, respiratory, neurological, visual or other organic system).

Of course, I have an open mind to all possibilities, but I regret not finding any place (not necessarily in The Lancet or  in The New England Journal of Medicine or  in JAMA :) where optical, physiological or neurological explanations of the phenomenon of miniaturization in hyperoreography are developed. I've been searching but I have not found anything about it.

(Pierre)

-When presented with a hyperstereo of a known subject, a car or person for instance,

-we see it in a way not possible in real life, we will more "around" the subject for instance.

-So we try to find a visual experience that is similar, the closest thing is looking

-at a model/toy car or a doll/small statue.

-Hence the enhanced feeling of miniaturization!

That is the psychological explanation wich I think is the correct one.

Before observing 3D photos in hyperstereo the brain does not have any experience in the perception of distant subjects in 3D, with depth.

In the real world. the distant objects are always perceived by the brain without any depth between them (because, due the distance, they can not produce retinal disparity)...

therefore when the brain perceive, very distant images (according to the perspective), but with good depth and relief (using a technologically augmented reality: the hyper stereo 3D) ...

............   then the brain supposes, psychologically, that they should be miniatures.

Later the brain, more experienced, can admits that (using the appropriate technology: the hyper stereo 3D) it is possible to see distant objects with depth and relief (because increasing the sterebase the cams have achieved to produce retinal disparity, fully impossible at that big distances with the physiological eye interaxial of only 6.5 cm)......

 ............ for that reason then, suddenly, the perception of miniaturization in hyperstereo disappears ... forever.

(Pierre)

-- BTW hypostereo is not "natural" either but I've never heard people complaining about a gigantism effect viewing stereo-macro of flowers or insects!

(Bill)

-- I've often wondered about this myself and it is a puzzle.

(George)

-Like Pierre. I have never experienced gigantism while viewing hypostereos.

-They appear natural to me. Which is weird....

-I have no clue why the brain works like that.

I believe that the absence of gigantism in hypo stereo is a psychologically phenomenon fully identical to that of the hyper stereo miniturization.

The brain has the previous experience that, in the real world, an object is perceived with MORE depth when the distance to that object DECREASES, because the retinal disparity increases, with less distance (even happens projection to opposite sides of the retinian macula) and for that reason then the perception of depth increases...

Later, watching 3D macro... the brain accepts, without any problem, that if  object are more close then them will be more perceptible in deep and therefore the brain does not need to think that objects are gigantic. For that reason never appears gigantism in 3D macro: due a the previous experience of the brain about depth in near objects, with good depth, in the actual world.

The human psychological variability is much greater than the anatomical and physiological human variability. That can explain why sometimes, in some people, the perception of miniaturization can persist despite a lot of experience watching hyperstereo and that can also explain the surprising case presented about a lady (professor of photography too) who absolutely refused to accept the evidence of considering reality as reality.

For all of us it is evident that miniaturization is perceived in hyper stereo but gigantism is not perceived in hypo stereo. The phenomenon occurs only in one direction but not in the opposite. That proves that the phenomenon is psychological and never physiological.

The phenomenon just happens using larger stereo base, but not for all the people the strange perception appears using identical stereo base: Due to psychological variability some people can see minituarizacion with only 14 cm (double of our standard telorism) but others need more stereo base to have the sensation of seeing miniatures: 21 cm (double)  or even 28 cm (triple telorism). Also that proves that the phenomenon is psychological and never physiological.

(John)

For example, if you have an actual miniature, such as an architectural model, or a model railroad, and if you know the exact scale of that miniature, you can create a stereo image that looks exactly like a full-size building or train.  You simply use an interaxial that is exactly proportioned to the ratio of a normal interocular (65mm) divided by the scale.

By decreasing the stereobase gigantism never occurs in 3D photo, but  magnification (only by proximity and after nullifying the perspective)  happens in all macro photos: in 3D macro and, of course, also occurs in 2D macro.

(John)

Obviously, the reverse works as well.  You can shoot a hyper-stereo of a full-size scene and make it look like a model, and actually choose the exact scale that you would like for it to appear to be.

That is not obvious at all, because the sensation of seeing a miniature occurs only by viewing 3D hyperstereo. As Bill reminded us in 2D photos perception of miniaturization is produced (but less intense) by a different mechanism (as in the toy camera modes of some current cams): when we see the central zone good focused but blurred the periphery.

(Bill)

-What I find amazing is the apparent innate understanding the

-average person has of perceptual clues in the apparent

-depth-of-field in photographic images...  (...)

-Manipulating the depth of field in a telephoto images (actual or artificial tilt/shift)

-*can* create a strong sense of miniaturization in a 2D photo.

-
https://www.adorama.com/alc/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/shutterstock_531751624.jpg

-I'd love to see these techniques applied to 3D photography.

Seeing a distant landscape there is no ocular convergence and no accommodation and therefore the whole perception is sharp (more in the macula, the area of the retina with greater density of cones and rods cells and therefore more sharpness).

But on the contrary seeing objects very close (with ocular convergence and with accommodation, bending of the eyes lens to focus), everything outside the macula tends to be ignored by the brain because the two backgrounds percibed by both eyes are very different and out of focus.

For that reason when seeing a landscape or a cityscape, in 3D or also in 2D, well focused in the center but the periphery fully out of focus, the brain interprets that it is seeing a miniature because only the central part of the image is focused, exactly as that happens when we see a nearby object or a landscape in miniature in the actual world..

That is only my opinion, so only a hypothesis. It can only be confirmed (of course also the opposite hypothesis, the physiological one) through observation and statistical evaluation (but Sapir-Whorf hypothesis has never been proven and every day has more supporters:).

Best regards.

Jose Barbera

http://phereo.com/josebarbera

PS

In summary, two obvious observations:

-A) If we see distant objects, and therefore relatively small, in 2D photography, then we have no sense of seeing a miniature. But if we see that same photo in 3D, with depth (so in hyper stereo) we percive miniatures, at least until we get used to hyperstereo.

-B) If we see very close objects, in macro 2D or in macro 3D we never observe gigantism.

These 2 facts, in my opinion, are only explained (both facts, simultaneously and without any conceptual contradiction
) using the hyperstereo psychological hypothesis.

But the physiological hypothesis can not never explain, simultaneously, both facts.

Dan Vint

I wonder if it works like this experiment I saw in highschool. This was a film about an experiment where they fitted a guy with a headset that inverted the world when you looked through it. The subject wore this for an extended time. Initially the guy could not function or walk because everything was upside down.

After sometime his brain adjusted to the new normal. They showed him walking around a downtown area with no problem. Then they took the headset off. He had a similar adjustment period to get back to normal.

I'm thinking if you went around with a perescope with a wide spacing that initially everything would feel miniature. Taking them off would probably be real exciting as everything becomes gigantic.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

[...]

My own experience is slightly different. Even after much viewing experience and awareness of how hyperstereos work, when enjoying such a view I can appreciate the detail in distant objects and I am quite conscious that the subject is real and normal sized in real life. But the initial impression of miniaturization, and this alternative interpretation of what one is seeing, always remains. It does not "disappear forever".

I also find that while I enjoy more extreme hyperstereos (that show me depth I could not possibly see in real life), I still sometimes have an aversion to mildly hyper views (e.g. from many twin rigs). I think this is in part due to the subtle miniaturization effect, but of course other factors may be more important, such as the increased distance to the subject needed to maintain reasonable stereoscopic depth.

And while I appreciate "normal" stereo views, and their "realistic" 3D images, my favorites still tend to be closeup hypostereos. And I guess both the "mouse-eye" perspective of hypostereos and the "giant-eye" perspective of hyperstereo reflect a sort of "augmented reality" as Alice in Wonderland must have had?  -Linda N

A list member wrote:

Later the brain, more experienced, can admits that (using the appropriate technology: the hyper stereo 3D) it is possible to see distant objects with depth and relief (because increasing the sterebase the cams have achieved to produce retinal disparity, fully impossible at that big distances with the physiological eye interaxial of only 6.5 cm)......

 ............ for that reason then, suddenly, the perception of miniaturization in hyperstereo disappears ... forever.

Jose Barbera

Sony has developed a perfect sync (for still pics and also for video) for several Alpha cameras: the Sony VMC-MM2

During the last weeks I have used the new cable in my stereo Sony Alpha rigs replacing the twined cables DSRLKIT (male ande female) and the sync is also perfect in all the still images obtained.

Last spring Sony began the commercialization of the cable Sony VMC-MM2 that allows the direct connection between two Alpha cams via MultiTerminal <-to-> MultiTerminal ports:

Date first listed on Amazon.com                  February 22, 2018

Im Angebot von Amazon.de seit:           28. Februar 2018

Disponibile su Amazon.it a partire dal:      7 marzo 2018

Producto en Amazon.es desde                11 de marzo de 2018

Date de mise en ligne sur Amazon.fr         7 avril 2018

Amazon.co.jp での取り扱い開始日          2018/4/10

Date first available at Amazon.co.uk:       10 April 2018

The cable was intended for very specialized professional clients, and it was not designed with the 3D world in mind:

“This dual camera Sync cable connects an RX0 (as sub-camera) to your main camera to synchronize still or video capture with a single press of the main shutter release. Ideal for capturing decisive moments at weddings and other events from both cameras simultaneously. Capture a different angle, depth and field of view, frame rate or picture profile using your main camera plus an RX0 at one time.”

To achieve to take two pics simultaneously synchronized, the RX0 camera can be mounted over the main camera replacing the flash, taking its place.

The cable Sony VMC-MM2 enables perfect synchronization between the main camera (a Sony Alpha or a Cyber-shot cam) and the sub-camera RX0,  capturing still images and videos, with a single press of release button.

To synchronize video REC/STOP, the main camera must have "Movie with shutter" assigned to its release button, following these settings:

Menu:-- >  Movie3: Movie with shutter button ON

Only the four last commercialized Sony Alpha cams are fully compatible (for still images and also for video), as main cams:

ILCE-7M3, ILCE-7RM3, ILCE-9 and RX10 M4.

Also the DSC-RX0 camera is fully compatible (for both, still images and also video) but it only can be used as sub-camera, probably due to its small size and its low electric impulse.

The following 14 Sony Alpha cams are compatible only for still images because these cameras can NOT assign, in the menu, the movie recording-button to the shutter button:

ALPHA-6000, ALPHA-6300, ALPHA-6500

ILCE-7, ILCE-7M2, ILCE-7R, ILCE-7RM2, ILCE-7S, ILCE-7SM2

ILCA-77M2, ILCA-99M2
DSC-RX10M2,DSC-RX10M3

DSC-RX1RM2

Sony reports here about the compatible cameras:

https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/www/cscs/accessories/?area=gb&lang=es&mdl=VMC-MM2

Theoretically, according to the information of Sony, only the little camera RX0 is usable as a sub-camera and it is evident that it is the most comfortable for events since it can be assembled, on the top of the main cam, replacing the flash.

But during the last weeks I have used that cable, the Sony VMC-MM2, in my stereo Sony Alpha rigs replacing the twined cables DSRLKIT (male ande female) and the sync is also perfect in all the still images obtained.

When the main camera (Sony A5100 or Sony A6000 or Sony A7S) and the sub camera (identical model to model of the main cam) are conected with this cable I can shoot pictures simultaneously on both cameras just by operating the shutter on the main camera (the cam connected to the I-shaped plug)..

But operating the shuter on the sub-camara (the cam conected to the L-shaped plug, right angled) it’s not possible shoot the main camera and only one pic (in  the sub-cam) is obtained.

Of course only occurs a perfect sync on both identical cams using the well know 2 steps method, in order to avoid easily avoidable unsuccess (very frequent in the next past time in inexperienced experimenters, as all us know):

First step: half press (focusing)

and

second step:  full press (shooting)

As I explained in the first message of this topic (about the Sony Multiterminal era), using the twined cables DSLRKIT (female+male) we can shot both cams pressing the trigger button of any of the two twined cameras because both cams can work indistinctly, as main camera or as sub-camera.

But using the new cable, the Sony VMC-MM2 we only can shoot pictures simultaneously on both cameras pressing the trigger button of  the main camera (that is the button of  cam connected to the I-shaped plug). Each interested 3D photo fan can make the appropriate checks, but, of course, only under their own risk, while we wait for the official support  from Sony about the use of the cable in 3D photogeraphy.

Using the new intelligent method developed by Barry Aldous (with one good illustration by David Kuntz), exposed in the last Stereoscopy magazine that arrived to me yesterday, I hope I will compare soon, in milliseconds, both syncs :

-using the Sony VMC-MM2 cable

and

-using the already known twuined combination male-female of  DSRLKIT.

Also It will be very interesting to test if this new cable (VMC-MM2)  serves to synchronize 3D video using twined rigs with the four Alpha models video compatible with it (the only four models in which it is possible to assign in the menu: "movie recording - button" to "the shutter button"): the  twined A7III,  or 7RIII, or  A9, or RX10IV rigs.

I think a new era in 3D photography era has begun, (at least for me, excited and happy): the Sony Multi-Terminal Era.

Thank you Sony !

For many people that is the game-changer, and certainly that is a new world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtsyzd-B6hU

Best regards

Jose Barbera

http://phereo.com/josebarbera

PS

Here are two dozens of synchronized 3D photos today uploaded:

http://phereo.com/album/5bc0610ee7e564a664000182

DaveJes1979

Jose,

I'm not sure how this will be an improvement on previous wired arrangements.  This is just another "dumb" cable that plugs into the Sony multi-terminal port.  So unless I am missing something there is no special communication between the cameras to enable active shutter synch (i.e. not just simultaneous triggering).

Most likely your synch will be improved by setting both cameras to manual exposure and manual focus.  If you do synch testing, that's where I would certainly start.  It also might make the trigger "half-press" issue moot.

I wonder very much if the best solution is to wire the Sony's together in series like this.  The time it takes for one camera to communicate with the other might introduce a significant source of differential shutter lag.

I plan on wiring together a set of Sony cameras in parallel, with a remote shutter release (this also helps reduce camera shake).  Z-bracket configuration w/ 90 degree plugs to the multi-terminals will allow ~84mm minimum stereo base.

Also worth taking note that Sony will be announcing its next-generation APS-C sensor cameras very soon.  The A6300 and A6500 are already a few years old.  I assume these will use the same multi-terminal port.  However, I am a little nervous that they will move the lens axis away from the left-hand edge of the camera, which would increase the minimum stereo base.

Jose Barbera

-a friend of mine has been testing his own A5100 rig with action sports and is not only getting

-amazingly good sync, but even getting the same level of sync in burst mode !  In other words, -he reports shooting 6 images per second and all of them perfectly synched. And his cameras

-are connected via the same "dumb" multi-port with two cables that he just soldered together

After the ingenious test developed by Barry Aldous and described in the last Stereoscopy magazine the measurement has been could perform with complete accuracy, in milliseconds.

In summary:

I got in Phereo a message from Randy Hester, also friend of mine, in Phereo. He prouved a very good sync of his A5100 cams using 3 pieces, time later replaced by welding to obtain better consistency in the results.

http://phereo.com/image/5ab16f40e7e564e72100020d

Shortly after these message and now using an even simpler connection (only with 2 cables, the male and the surprising female plug) we tested the sync in the Sony cams using the MultiTerminal port and found positive results for 2 dozens and negative in otrher dozen of Alpha cams.

I showed here, in our 3D Group and also in Phereo these good news:

http://forum.phereo.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=296

The tests were done because all us can remember that is possible fire the Samsung NX1000 and NX300 from one camera's switch, but thay is not possible with any of the these series as the NX2000 and the NX500. It’s clear that the success of one camera model never implies the success of the next ones, several years later.

--Just how good is the sync ?  Damir had measured better than 2ms with the A5000.

A simple rumor despite being repeated a thousand times by you does not become news.

A rumor always coming from a single secondary source, only yours, without any confirmation from the primary sources never can become news.

Never came to the 3D community any explicit confirmation from those testers during last two years. Nothing about the cams, nothing about the method (external o internal cable, diodes, infrared, bluetooth, wireless...). A hypotetic tester sure knew that a successful sync could be interesting for many colleagues and friends (The good sync news, now, are very interesting for many people !). Are you trying to write that the success (only rumored by you) was a secret and reserved issue for only some privileged people?

Usually you are a very good googler and can work fine with the search engines ... where do you find information about the good hypothetical A5000 sync?

This is my answer: Nowhere.

You can find only your own rumors ...

Shooting with full pressure (only one step) implies failure in synchronization because a good sync is only possible via 2 steps:

A_focusing (half press contacting cables white and yellow)

before

B_ shooting (full pressure with triple contact: cables white, yellow and red)

You reported that you suffered an inexplicable failure when trying to synchronize the Samsung NX100:

-In 2012, I also explored with Mark Blum the possibility of interconnecting the Samsung NX1000 via its remote port

Then... no diffusion, no confirmation... implies unsuccess.

--However, ever since the introduction of the A5000, the new generation of "Alpha" Sony's

--appear to sync very well just by connecting two cameras via their remote ports and triggering

 -from one camera.

That statement is not correct because the first Sony camera with MulTerminal port was a NEX camera: The NEX-3N (not yet the previous NEX-5N). It appeared in the spring of 2013 but the new era of 3D photography has started 5 years later, in the spring of 2018, with the diffusion of the perfect synchronization via the MultiTerminal port.

On the other hand I think you never considered  that your rumors about the synchronization of the Sony A5000 camera were true because few weeks ago you have started a new topic about our photos of Venice, (6 years old and made with our Nex-5 rig) in order to convince our group about the very bad synchronization of the new Sony Alpha cams... by pointing out the sync defects of these photos (only in your imagination shoted with my current Sony cams!!!)

You have written a dozen messages repeating over and over again that all my reports is neither useful nor relevant because it is only relevant to report about the exact quantification of syncronization, despite the evidence of the examples shown in Phereo:

http://phereo.com/album/5b655fd5e7e564841c0000e0

http://phereo.com/album/5b2d7270e7e564752f0000d3

But now using the ingenious test developed by Barry Aldous and described in the last issue of the Stereoscopy magazine (I think that all lovers of 3D phortography should be a member of ISU, and not only because of its excellent and irreplaceable journal) the measurement has been could perform with complete accuracy, in milliseconds.

some people are indeed using it to interconnect two regular cameras... as illustrated here:

https://zshop.vn/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/zShop_0410201814265572.jpg

I repeat: You are a good googler. It is easy to find, a posteriori, of course, that information (Vietnamese blog, different cameras and without any information besides the photo). You just have to search Google pics of the VMC-MM2 cable:

https://www.google.es/search?q=VMC-MM2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdqt-eh4PeAhXG26QKHb9ID8UQ_AUIDigB&biw=1366&bih=669

It is also easy, but a posteriori, to find videos even in languages such as Vietnamese or Thai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh399K0Mt34&t=92s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtsyzd-B6hU&t=97s

I think that you have prayed simultaneously to God and the Devil, that is, for and against the good synchronization of the Sony Alpha cameras. As it has now been shown that synchronization is miraculously perfect. For that reason now I repeat what I wrote to you last July 19:

“Welcome to our club !

Surely you will enjoy a lot using your future new Alpha Sony 3D rig during all the new 3D era”:

Josep Barbera

http://phereo.com/josebarbera

Jose Barbera

> I'm not sure how this will be an improvement on previous wired arrangements

The mechanism is not identical because with the Sony cable only from one camera you can shoot both cams.

On the other hand, the connection is direct from a multiterminal port <--->to other multiterminal port, without intermediate connections.That can reduce the risk of decrease the electrical flow.

In fact, using the smart method of Barry Aldous, I find a perfect sync, less than half  millisecond ! Please see the atached pictures.

Settings:

Speed priority in 1/50: that implies 20 miliseconds

No convergence of the lenses.

Distance: half meter

ISO: 3500

-Also worth taking note that Sony will be announcing its next-generation APS-C sensor cameras very soon.

-The A6300 and A6500 are already a few years old.

I hope that the new Sony Alpha APS-C (A6700 or A7000 arrive before Christmas, but Sony has the bad habit that small improvements increase the price by 50%:

500 euros A6000

750 euros A6300

1300 euros A6500

What will be the price of the model that is about to leave?

Now, excuse me, now the beach is still excellent and my wife is waiting for me:)

Best regards

Josep Barbera

http://phereo.com/josebarbera

Depthcam

With all due respect, you are essentially trying to bring up arguments where there are none.

> I got in Phereo a message from Randy Hester, also friend of mine, in Phereo.

I have been corresponding with Randy for many years and introduced him to SDM.  For a long time he used an A810 rig that he enjoyed until he recently decided to upgrade to an APS-C rig.

> He proved a very good sync of his A5100 cams using 3 pieces

That's inaccurate. Randy never used three pieces because he could not find the required connectors.

> ...later replaced by welding to obtain better consistency in the results.

Again, totally inaccurate.  He never compared one method over the other.  He welded the cables from the start because he did not have the appropriate connectors.  Furthermore, there's no basis to claim that welding them provides better accuracy.  If that is the case, then using male/female connectors as you have been suggesting all along would be an inferior method.

> A simple rumor despite being repeated a thousand times by you does not become news.

You endlessly repeating that Damir's tests are a "simple rumor" when they were reported here is utterly silly and denigrating to Damir, who is highly respected in our community.

> Never came to the 3D community any explicit confirmation from those testers during last two years.

Not everyone in the community cares to post on the Yahoo forum !!!

> Usually you are a very good googler and can work fine with the search engines ... where do you find information about the good hypothetical A5000 sync?

Sorry to say so but you are sounding more and more like an idiot.  I have 38 years of experience in 3D photography, have done beta testing work for many enterprises.  I also have a vast network of contacts with 3D enthusiasts and researchers all over the world.   So trying to reduce me to one who gets information mainly from google is ludicrous. I told you many times that Gert-Ian Wolkers had a website where he showed this.  He recently closed his site.

All the information I mentioned was posted here.  Sorry you missed it but I won't go over that again.  I mainly touched this topic again to answer my friend Dave Gadbois - not to hear more of your sour comments.

> in order to convince our group about the very bad synchronization of the new Sony Alpha cams... by pointing out the sync defects of these photos

You posted these pictures while describing your recent tests with no indication that those were six-year old images. It still remains that you posted many images with consistent sync errors, which one should avoid as much as possible.

> You have written a dozen messages repeating over and over again that all my reports is neither useful nor relevant

Not so.  What I said is that it had already been reported by Gert-Ian Wolkers of the Dutch Stereoscopic Society that he had been successful in getting good sync results with the A5000 but that sync tests would be needed to confirm that the more recent models perform likewise.

I also questioned the notion that connecting Sony cameras are a "game changer".  This has been done for years - ever since Peter Engelen took over from Co van Ekeren.  It simply has become easier to do in recent years. True, the sync accuracy of some of the recent Sony cameras is much better but many people using Sony NEX-5 rigs told me that great sync is not a priority for them because they do not shoot action.  I have talked to many happy owners of NEX-5 rigs.

> (picture of over under rig with cable) I repeat: You are a good googler

So what ?  I was simply looking for evidence that this had been done by others before... which I have shown quite successfully

> I think that you have prayed simultaneously to God and the Devil, that is, for and against the good synchronization of the Sony Alpha cameras

You are sounding incredibly silly but funny !  You try and attribute intentions to me that are contrary to what I have expressed for years on this forum and elsewhere.  Everyone knows that but you !

So let's be serious for a moment:   Most people here know that I mentioned long ago the advantages of the NEX-5 body design:  It was in 2010 the only APS-C camera that could be mounted in such a way as to achieve a "normal" stereo base (60-70mm), which is something many stereo enthusiasts prefer.  Co van Ekeren made such a rig but shortly thereafter, he passed away.  Peter Engelen took over the project a year later.  Many people bought his NEX-5 rigs and were happy with them despite the fact that the sync was no better than 4ms.  For many people, that does not matter so much as having a small lens separation.

Ever since Gert-Jan Wolkers told me about his success with the A5100. I have mentioned this to other stereo enthusiasts but most of them tell me they are unhappy they can no longer bring the lenses close together as was possible with the NEX-5.  The Samsung NX1000 was viewed as an alternative and this is why today, most stereo enthusiasts that want APS-C performance and interchangeable lenses choose it over any Sony camera rig.

Even if some of the Sony cameras offer better sync, they are also much more expensive cameras, which most stereo enthusiasts cannot afford.  So far, I only know three people using Sony Alpha rigs:  Gert-Ian, Randy and yourself.  There may be a few more.  But there are dozens of people using NX1000 rigs and at least two people making custom equipment for them. So the Sony Alpha has not "changed the game" so much as the Samsung NX1000.  There is still no perfect solution.

Francois

Jose Barbera

I just uploaded new photos to Phereo that demonstrate, once again, a perfect synchronization of the  Sony Alpha stereo rigs, now in milliseonds, using the smart laser pendulum method developed by Barry Aldous:

http://phereo.com/album/5bcd974c8884287b4e000002

http://forum.phereo.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=296&start=20

I have revisited now our Yahoo Group to inform about these links with the new photos and I has found here, again, an unpleasant surprise: A new and very tedious message cloned from the previous ones, always without any any link and without any any reference.

Realy... you are very, very, very  repetitive.

Here are my answers (your words in red):

-That's inaccurate. Randy never used three pieces because he could not find the required connectors.

The three pieces that Randy initially used to connect his Sony A5100 cams are here, in this link:

http://www.3dphoto.net/forum/index.php/topic,11976.msg71412.html#msg71412

That proves your statement is (again !) not true and fully uncertain. All we can see the true reality in these link (not your reality, altered by your poor memory and by your exuberant imagination). In addition I have attached to this message a screenshot of this link showing his initial 3D rig with the three pieces, those that you deny were used by Randy.

His words in 3D photo forum:

14thFloor (Randy Hester) Sony multi-port sync cable on: March 25, 2018, 03:38:36 PM

 "I further modified mine by replacing the 2.5mm connectors with the more common 3.5mm stereo headset connectors. I then connected them with a headset splitter.

You can also Y these two cables together and connect them to a simple remote switch if you want an off camera trigger. "

In my own experience, (not only based on Google searches !)  the triple connection is very inconsistent. After test a similar triple connection, I could see that only the simplest conection (twined cables, female + male, or alternatively welding) always works well. (last weeks also the Sony VMC-MM2 cable)

I mainly touched this topic again to answer my friend Dav

But a friend of mine has been testing

I think you try to find complicities and I think you try to support your arguments in previous friendship relationships, but that is a clearly inbreeding mechanism and we all know that endogamy is the basis of corruption and dishonesty.

On the other hand is clear that you has tried to achievea position of a child protagonism with your psychedelic proposal of a connection with 5 pieces (after only  Glooging them, of course), to replace the previous connection of only two plugs (more natural: female & male). In fact, that strange proposal is the only thing that you consider relevant in our topic, as you has reported in 2dphoto forum:

“There's been a lot of recent discussion about pairing Sony Alpha cameras on the Yahoo Photo3D forum......So I decided to do a bit of research on eBay and discovered there exists...Here is the listing:”

https://www.3dphoto.net/forum/index.php?topic=11918.0

FS8 + MS8

vs

male 2.5mm plug + 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter + 3.5 female to 3.5 female adapter  + 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter + male 2.5 plug

You endlessly repeating that Damir's tests are a "simple rumor" when they were reported here is utterly silly and denigrating to Damir, who is highly respected in our community.

Your dialectical mechanisms are perverse because It is obvious that I have never claimed anything about Damir. He, like almost everyone else in our group, deserves all my respect.

I have only commented your rumors, your own rumors, those... only coming from you. All them lack any conffirmation from primary source that endorses them and can contrast them. Information whitout references implies, in all the globe, this informations becomes only rumors.

I have also shown that your imagination is exuberant. I think you should write more honestly or alternatively, if all your false statements are involuntary, you must try a better control of your imagination and also of your memory.

- you are sounding more and more like an idiot.

- You are sounding incredibly silly

I can find only two justifications for thoose two recent affirmations from you about me, right in your last message...

Possibility A)

You are trying to make a diagnosis made a distance...

...as in your ecosystem, the idiots speak bad English ...then you think that all of us who speak badly in English are idiots.

But I can show that in my ecosystem most idiots speak Catalan… because most of the population speaks our language. For that reason you, speaking Catalan, would shine like the bigest idiot, whit less than stellar IQ, but only for people who used your absurd diagnostic methods.

Fortunately, I know nobody who uses your very strange neuronal connectional mechanisms.

Possibility B)

You are trying to insult me publicly.

If this possibility is the correct one, it is obvious that your effort is useless because you do not have enough level, neither intellectual nor ethical, to be able to insult anyone in this group.

With all due respect, I think your messages and writings are the best possible description of your personality...  your mind-boggling imagination, your memory gaps, your sarcasm, irony and bad humor.

I think you have evidenced continuous boasting and displays of arrogance, also alluding impolitely to my poor level of English. All that mainly shows what a disrespectful person you are.

You have now used those two offensive phrases (“you are sounding more and more like an idiot” / “You are sounding incredibly silly”) , but you have intervened on this topic a lot of times (one dozen !), without contributing anything (only with your absurd proposal to use 5 pieces and the Vietnamese photo, both Googled after, “a posteiori”) but all your messages are riddled always with discourtesy and irritability.

I have provided only true and contrasted information, citing sources and links, but I have received, from your delirious superiority, abundant insults and a lot of mockery phrases:

- you are sounding more and more like an idiot.

- You are sounding incredibly silly

-Or else I'll be tempted to start conversing in French ! ;-)

-The first was a response to your silly remarks

-It really is sounding like a Greek tragedy !

-This is more a statement on your own inability to search for information.

-Humour is a necessity here !!! :-)

-I think I will cry ! :-(

- Probably that can be also very amusing for you ! :-)

-Ha ha !  Now I am reassured ! :-)

-"Sigh of relief !!!"  :-)

-That is very amusing ! :-)

Sadly your offensive affirmations clearly show that you are a rude and impolite person and also very disrespectful, shooting a lot of insults against me, always searching more prominence for you.

Much of your text is spent personally attacking me. That shows a very great disrespect and an attempt to use insults as a way to distract from the basic fact that, in any way,  you have not demonstrated  your premonitions of 2010, prophecies in2012 and that your rumors of 2016 were true (and not just the result from your imagination and very poor memory).

Even if some of the Sony cameras offer better sync

Despite my poor level in English (only self-taught, I never had an English teacher) I think those two words (“even  if”) are not adequate in your phrase, because now, one week ago, it has been proven that the Sony Alpha synchronization is miraculously perfect, with an accuracy between a quarter and  half millisecond.

Before the Barry Aldous's test, also It had been shown, visually (acrobats, “modern” dancers and fountains), the perfect Sony Alpha sync:

Visually:

http://phereo.com/album/5b2d7270e7e564752f0000d3

Also a week ago with exact quantification in milliseconds:

http://phereo.com/album/5bcd974c8884287b4e000002

That was recognized in our group (“Synchronization looks good. What does not look too good to me is the stereo base”) but not by you, despite the visual evidence at least for experts,always praying simultaneously to God and the devil, even, mistakenly pointing my photos of Venice (made with my old NEX cams). You tryed to prove a bad Sony Alpha sync (despite your 2016 rumors in the opposite direction!).

However, despite all that I wish you all the best.

Please ... try to be happy

Josep Barbera

http://phereo.com/josebarbera

Depthcam

So... here we go again...

> The three pieces that Randy initially used to connect his Sony A5100 cams are here, in this link:

http://www.3dphoto.net/forum/index.php/topic,11976.msg71412.html#msg71412

That proves your statement is (again !) not true and fully uncertain. All we can see the true reality in these link (not your reality, altered by your poor memory and by your exuberant imagination).

What Randy did is he REPLACED the 2.5mm connector with 3.5mm connectors because he could not find the correct 2.5 to 3.5mm adapters. In other words, he cut them off and then welded the new ones.  So he did not "add three pieces" to the existing cord.  There was only one connector between the cables.

> I think you try to find complicities and I think you try to support your arguments in previous friendship relationships, but that is a clearly inbreeding mechanism and we all know that endogamy is the basis of corruption and dishonesty.

I suspect you do not realize how utterly silly and preposterous you are sounding !

> In my own experience, (not only based on Google searches !)  the triple connection is very inconsistent

It is obviously not ideal.  Just a quick way to test the cables. But I haven't seen tests that show unequivocally a marked difference in sync when cables are welded together. Anyhow, the connection which you described as "perfect" in your initial posts was a plug connection - not a welded one.

> On the other hand is clear that you has tried to achievea position of a child protagonism with your psychedelic proposal...

I must admit, you have me in stitches reading your puerile but amusing insults !!! :-)

> of a connection with 5 pieces (after only  Glooging them, of course), to replace the previous connection of only two plugs (more natural: female & male). In fact, that strange proposal is the only thing that you consider relevant

Again you distract from the point made many times by myself and many others on this forum:  That the cables I referred to were the only ones with SMALL ANGLED plugs which allow a closer positioning of the cameras when in Z-orientation - something which matters a lot to many people but clearly - not to you.  This is why I was not addressing this comment to you but to others for whom that is important. (And this was specified in that post.)

The suggestion of three adapters was made as an example of a quick way to connect them together.  And no , I did not "google" them.  I have all these connectors here with me. I did not consider such connection ideal - just a quick way to test the cameras.  If it can be proven that welding the cables is best, then it is for those using this method to decide if they wish to proceed.  But this is all beside the point.  My post referred to cables that have angled plugs.  That was it.  But you clearly avoid that point.

> I have only commented your rumors, your own rumors, those... only coming from you. All them lack any confirmation from primary source that endorses them and can contrast them. Information whitout references implies, in all the globe, this information becomes only rumors.

Strangely, most people on this group know them to be correct !

But if you want a link... Here is a Sony Nex-5 rig from 2011, which shows that Sony cameras were being used as far back as 2011 for 3D

https://sonyalphanex.blogspot.com/2011/03/sony-nex-5-and-nasas-last-space-shuttle.html

>I have also shown that your imagination is exuberant. I think you should write more honestly or alternatively, if all your false statements are involuntary, you must try a better control of your imagination and also of your memory.

I must admit you are very creative in the phrases you use in an attempt to insult me !  I commend you for that.

>  Sadly your offensive affirmations clearly show that you are a rude and impolite person and also very disrespectful, shooting a lot of insults against me, always searching more prominence for you.

I guess the same applies to you reading the litany of insults you have been sending my way since the onset... And all for one simple reason:  You insist on claiming the title of "initiator of a new era of 3D photography." and are very upset I showed this "rumor" to be incorrect.

>  That was recognized in our group (“Synchronization looks good. What does not look too good to me is the stereo base”) but not by you, despite the visual evidence at least for experts,

A false statement as usual:  I mentioned from my very first post that Damir and Gert-Jan Wolkers had told their sync results with the A5000 were quite good.  So I never doubted the possibility that newer Sony Alphas could sync well. Yet you keep misrepresenting my position as one who does not believe that some of the recent Sony Alpha cameras have good sync...

> You tryed to prove a bad Sony Alpha sync (despite your 2016 rumors in the opposite direction!).

Let's be honest here:  While you were emphasizing your "perfect" test results, you posted simultaneously a long series of pictures that contained many sync errors at the very time when people were looking to see samples of the "perfect sync" you described.  It might have helped if you had specified that those pictures were six years old and NOT taken with your perfect rig...

Francois

Jose Barbera

Sadly you imagine a lot, you suspect too much and you forget quickly. Your obsessive ideas are impressively tenacious. Realy you are very repetitive and sadly you has tried to achievea position of a puerile and egolatra protagonism.

I think you can make an effort to try to understand that nobody is interested in your cloned and tedious words trying obsessively to discredit the good news about the perfect sync of the Sony Alpha cams.

So... here we go again...and, as usual, your words in red...

--“You insist on claiming the title of " initiator of a new era of 3D photography." “

Nope. You modify, again, improperly, what I said.Your affirmation is only true in you exuberant imagination, because since my first message I pointed out that I'm following the path exposed to me by Randy in Phereo. Therefore your affirmation that I want to be “initiator” is malicious. Repeating many times something false you can not to make it true.

Your offensive affirmation only can be explained by your scarce memory, by your psychedelic imagination, pretending to present me as a megalomaniac person.

I think you should write more honestly, or alternatively, if all your false statements are involuntary, you must try a better control of your exuberant imagination and also try to increase your poor memory.

I already explained here and in Phereo, many times, since my first message, May 1, that I received a message from Randy about the A5100 sync.:

I got a message from Randy Hester, in Phereo, few days ago:
http://phereo.com/image/5ab16f40e7e564e72100020d http://phereo.com/image/5ab16f40e7e564e72100020d
Today I can confirm that in addition to the Randy A5100, and in addition to the A6000 and the A7S (full frame, ISO until 400000!) also ALL the cams SONY CSC (hybrides in French, EVIL in Spanish) have a perfect sync..
Randy Hester (14tfFloor): showed his sync method (using 3 pieces) in Phereo and in the 3D forum
I also read the coments de Randy Hester at 3dphoto forum:
http://www.3dphoto.net/forum/index.php?topic=11976.0 http://www.3dphoto.net/forum/index.php?topic=11976.0 (Sony multi-port sync cable)

--“Randy never used three pieces because he could not find the required connectors”.

Already other false affirmation from you. How are you able to deny again the evidence of the TRIPLE connection shown in the photos of the link?:

2 plugs + 1 middle piece... Obviously they are three pieces in total, as can be seen in the photos of that link

http://www.3dphoto.net/forum/index.php?topic=11976.0 http://www.3dphoto.net/forum/index.php?topic=11976.0

In addition the first documented test of the discontinued A5000 cam was done, also satisfactorily, by Dan Smith (rucnd3d) last spring as I reported here:

http://forum.phereo.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=296 http://forum.phereo.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=296

You can not change or erase those words of mine. Me neither. You prove your malicious writing in your slanderous phrase or alternatively your deficient neuronal connections: excess imagination and bad memory.

As already reported here, following the path marked by Randy, we tested the perfect sync of the A6000 (APS-C) and A7S (FullFrame) cameras.

A week later, in the same store, we were able to confirm that also other 2 dozens de Sony Alpha models with Multi Terminal port can synchronize well, but that did not happen with one dozen of more compact models, despite also they have a Multiterminal Port.

The tests were made because we can all remember that it is possible to turn on the Samsung NX1000 and the NX300 from a single camera switch, but this is not possible with others of this series such as the NX2000 and the NX500. Therefore, it is clear that the sync success in a camera model never implies success in the following models, marketed months or years later.

You tried to diminish the relevance of that information by two ways. Both are fruit of your imagination and of your bad memory.

Your has insit about some rumors, never confirmed, never documented, and never contrasted. Only a source exist about a successful synchronization in 2016 of the old and discontinued model A5000 : yours.

A simple rumor despite being repeated a thousand times by you does not become news. Where people can find information about your rumored good sync of the A5000 in 2016? You only can find your own rumors ...

A hypotetic tester sure knew that a successful sync could be interesting for many colleagues and friends. Are you trying to affirm that the this success (only rumored by you) was reserved for only some privileged people? Then... no diffusion, no confirmation... implies sync unsuccess. On the other hand, an undisclosed finding becomes irrelevant, like vikings in the Americas, because it implies no changes, but an announced finding can implies a big change.

It is also evident that you never considered true your own rumors. I uploaded old Venice photos made with the W55 rig to show that the current photos, made with the A6000 and female-male cables offer better synchronization.

But you started a new topic about our photos of Venice, in order to convince our group about the very bad sync of .... the current Sony Alpha cams... !!! ... by pointing out the sync defects of the NEX-5 old pics (only in your imagination shoted with my current Sony cams!!!):

-- “Even if some of the Sony cameras offer better sync...”

Now, November 2018, after performing the tests with the Aldous method you still doubt, using thoose words, about the good sync of the Sony cameras.

That proves once again that you never believed that your own rumors, in 2016, were true and real. You know that they were only the result of your delirant imagination.

However, in the opposite way, before the Barry Aldous test, the visual assessment was sufficient for other members of our group (“Synchronization looks good”).

-- “What I said is that people have been interconnecting Sony cameras since 2010. What you present as "game changer" is the fact that Sony cameras can be connected for 3D. That fact has been known for years - not just by me but by the many users of Sony rigs”.

Nope. That rumors is born of your uncontrolled imagination and your terrible memory.The Multi Terminal port, which allows the perfect current Sony synchronization appeared just in the last NEX cam marketed, the NEX-3N cam. It appeared in the spring of 2013 (not in 2010 !)

To show that your rumors were true you never showed any evidence, any link, ... until your last message (after Googling, of course, as always), two weeks ago. Lets go see it.

> Information whitout references implies, in all the globe, this information becomes only rumors.

-- “But if you want a link... Here is a Sony Nex-5 rig from 2011, which shows that Sony cameras were being used as far back as 2011 for 3D:

https://sonyalphanex.blogspot.com/2011/03/sony-nex-5-and-nasas-last-space-shuttle.html https://sonyalphanex.blogspot.com/2011/03/sony-nex-5-and-nasas-last-space-shuttle.html

You, providing that link, shows that your mind confuses paired or linked cameras with synchronized cameras: !

That confusion, your confusion, explains why never came to the 3D community any explicit confirmation from your hypotetic testers during last two years. Nothing about about the sync method (external o internal cable, diodes, infrared, bluetooth, wireless, Ekeren-Engelen method ?).

In the link showed by you, people talk about synchronizing Sony NEX-5 cams through infrared, but it is not explicit there that this attempt failed. In fact many lovers of 3D tried that same, unsuccessfully, when the Sony NEXs were commercialized. You could have found the communication of those infrared attempts here on our 3-D Yahoo Group (Yahooing, not only Googling, as usualy). You can also see that Werner had tried that, in 2011, before me, but also without success:

Your confusion between paired cams and synchronized cams is very surprising, more after remembering that you failed, trying to synchronize NX1000 rigs, even though the hardware did allow it, as was demonstrated later. You were holding pairs of cameras in your hands, paired, but not synchronized...

-- “In 2012, I also explored with Mark Blum the possibility of interconnecting the Samsung NX1000 via its remote port”

On the other hand many of us have been using finger sync, for years. The camera called W55 (as a joke and also as a tribute to the W3), paired NEX-5 + NEX-5, is an example, among many, since 2011, seven years ago:

But now, here, in 2018, we are talking about electronic synchronization through the Multi Teminal port, but it seems that you have not understood that yet. You, finally, have contributed a single link, but very absurd, because it by refers to paired and unsynchronized cams. The infrared can’t not sync because using them you can not focus before shooting.

Now it’s very evident, but not then, that we should follow (also you then) the know ritual : focus (half pressure) before shoot (full pressure) to avoid failure. That's true in both brands: in the Samsung NX and Sony Alpha cameras, but you failed trying to synchronize the NX1000 cams.

You also tried to diminish the relevance of the information by other ways: You have stated that you predicted in 2010 (!!!) the good sync of the current mirrorless Sony cameras (APS-C and FullFrame).

--“I have been talking about the potential of Sony mirrorless cameras since 2010” .

That is also the result of your pedantic imagination and your suspicious bad memory.

The Multi Terminal port, which allows the perfect current Sony synchronization appeared just in the last NEX cam marketed, the NEX-3N cam. It appeared in the spring of 2013 (not in 2010 !). For that reason your statement about that people have been interconnecting Sony cameras since 2010 is true only in your uncontrolled imagination. The new era of 3D photography has started 5 years later, in the spring of 2018, after the diffusion of the perfect Sont sync via the Multi Terminal port.

Only in your imagination do you have prophetic powers.

On the other hand it seems that the word "era" (“a new era of 3D photography” :) causes you great discomfort and nervousness. I think you should keep calm...

According Wikipedia:

The word “era” has been in use in English since 1615, and is derived from Late Latin aera "an era or epoch from which time is reckoned" .The Latin word use in chronology begun in 5th century Visigothic Spain, where it appears in the History of Isidore of Seville.

"Era" can be used to refer to well-defined periods in historiography, such as the Roman era, Elizabethan era, Victorian era, etc. Use of the term for more recent periods or topical history might include Soviet era, and "musical eras" in the history of modern popular music, such as the "Beatles era", "Disco era", etc.

You can see that the term "era" does not indicate a definite amount of time and it is frequently used as a hyperbole. It is obvious that the Beatles era, in music .. (only 55 years, from 1963 to today...) is shorter than the Mesozoic era.

For all that ... please keep calm ...the Sony Multi Terminal era in s3D photography can be very short...Fujifilm is the company that currently makes the greatest efforts developing mirrorless cameras APS-C. Do you have any premonition about its use in s3D photography. Any prophecy?

But it is obvious that to test an idea (and to accept or to reject it after experimentation), it is better work and don't make lucubrations and hollow meaningless affirmations, as usualy, yours.

Do you really have nothing better than to focus on things only certain in your imagination: premonitions in 2010, rumors in 2016, prophecies in 2018 ?

In sumary:

1.- You had no idea in 2010 that the Multi Terminal port was going to be created and, therefore, you could not prophesy its usefulness in stereo photography. You never rumored anything about the Multi Terminal port of Sony.

In fact, you failed to synchronize the NX 1000 through its USB port, but the achievements of others and the good news in spring 2018 should not sadden you.

--“In 2012, I also explored with Mark Blum the possibility of interconnecting the Samsung NX1000 via its remote port”

2.- You never imagined the simplest connection, using two paired cables (female + male) and when the information reached our Yahoo group, your reaction, your anger, with many insults to me, was really inappropriate. Then your Googled contribution (5 pieces vs only 2 plugs) was, really, very childish, but, in your opinion, your penta-combination (less efficient and practical) is the most relevant in this topic, acording your report to the 3D forum:

-- “There's been a lot of recent discussion about pairing Sony Alpha cameras on the Yahoo Photo3D forum... So I decided to do a bit of research on eBay and discovered there exists...Here is the listing:”

https://www.3dphoto.net/forum/index.php?topic=11918.0 https://www.3dphoto.net/forum/index.php?topic=11918.0

FS2 + MS2 (or, best, only a cable the VMC-MM2)
Vs yours
male 2.5mm plug + 2.5 to 3.5mm adapter + 3.5 female to 3.5 female adapter + 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter + male 2.5 plug

3.- In the shops are more than four dozen Sony cameras with multi-terminal ports. Some synchronize well and others do not. You did not write anything about the synchronization of modern Sony's Full Frame mirrorless cams (A7, A7R and A7S), and anything about the sync of the current Sony’s APS-C (A5100, A6000, A6300, A6500). You rumored nothing about the compact and DSLR Sony cams. Nothing about the negative results for the HX and WX models. Nothing about the ten RX models . Nothing about the HX and QX series. All they also have a Multi Terminal port.

You should not have been irritated, angry, moody, aggressive and sad, after reading here, all the information about that, but after all this good news, May 2018, you have been nervous, impolite, and rude.

4.- Recently it has been reported that a cable made by Sony (VMC-MM2) for 2D photography, not destined to 3D photo, but to events, however it is perfect for synchronizing the 3D photography, using Sony Alpha rigs.

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/jose-barbera-marti-using-the-sony-vmc-mm2-cable-for-sony-alpha-rigs/ https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/jose-barbera-marti-using-the-sony-vmc-mm2-cable-for-sony-alpha-rigs/

Previously you had no idea about about the utility of that cable in 3D photography. This good new should not irritate and discomfort you. You has showed (after this report and, again, after Googling) a Vietnamese photo using two full different cams. That is also an infantiloid reaction (adorned, as always by great abundance of insults, from you towards me, as usualy).

5.- A short time later, there was another good news: the Sony cable (VMC-MM2) allows (using the smart Barry Aldous test) a miraculous synchronization, up to a accuracy of half a millisecond or less, on the current s3D Sony Alpha rigs. That was a big surprise for you, because your mind (realy a “expert” 3D ?) only knew the existence of a single sync test for 3-D rigs (“For now, the CRT method used by Damir and Werner is the only reliable one”) forgueting that it being unique, it was useless because it is impossible to confirm its results.

Six different tests (6 ! + Aldous test, now ), certainly is not a single test (“CRT... the only reliable one”):

http://phereo.com/album/5bcd974c8884287b4e000002 http://phereo.com/album/5bcd974c8884287b4e000002

There are primitive peoples (and probably also that happened to the Neanderthals) in which no progress is possible, because whoever develops the good news, provokes a strong reaction in their environment, a mixture of anger, sadness and bewilderment, with a lot of discomfort and nervousness. There are even physical aggressions against those who have tried to innovate.

The Neandertals became extinct despite having a brain volume greater than us (the self-named Homo Sapiens) and primitive tribes only accepted innovation when it came from abroad. If the good news came from within the tribe, the resulting anger prevented its realization.

All we, Europeans and Asians, have between 1.5 and 3 percent of Neanderthal genetics, but the development has been achieved by avoiding these spurious trends ... considering the progress of the partner, friend, neighbor, compatriot as own advances that will benefit everyone.

I hope that even you can agree that this is the most convenient way for all us. Also for the 3-D stereo photography in general.

All the best.

Josep Barbera
http://phereo.com/josebarbera http://phereo.com/josebarbera

PS

Your phrase...

-- “I won't go over that again. I mainly touched this topic again to answer my friend Dave Gadbois - not to hear more”

... is another false statement of yours. You write one message after another trying to create here “a reality show” in order to discredits the good news about the synchronization of the Sony cams.

Much of your text is spent personally attacking me. That shows a very great disrespect and an attempt to use insults as a way to distract from the basic fact that, in any way, you have demonstrated not your premonitions of 2010, not your rumors in 2016 were true (and not just the result from your imagination and very poor memory). Only the Sony good news of 2018 is a proven reality, demonstrated and tested.

You have evidenced continuous boasting and displays of arrogance, also alluding impolitely to my poor level of English. All that mainly shows what a disrespectful person you are. I have received, from your delirious superiority, abundant insults and a lot of mockery phrases.

I read more insults, again, in your last message, Oct 23:

-I suspect you do not realize how utterly silly and preposterous you are sounding !

I add your new insults to the list. As this list increases, your ethical and moral level decreases:

---- > I suspect you do not realize how utterly silly and preposterous you are sounding !

-you are sounding more and more like an idiot.

-You are sounding incredibly silly

-Or else I'll be tempted to start conversing in French ! ;-)

-The first was a response to your silly remarks

-It really is sounding like a Greek tragedy !

-your own inability to search for information.

-Humour is a necessity here !!! :-)

-I think I will cry ! :-(

-Probably that can be also very amusing for you ! :-)

-Ha ha ! Now I am reassured ! :-)

-"Sigh of relief !!!" :-)

-That is very amusing ! :-)

But it is obvious that your effort is useless because you do not have enough level, neither intellectual nor ethical, to be able to insult anyone in this group.

> [...]

-Or else I'll be tempted to start conversing in French ! ;-)

-The first was a response to your silly remarks

-It really is sounding like a Greek tragedy !

-your own inability to search for information.

-Humour is a necessity here !!! :-)

-I think I will cry ! :-(

-Probably that can be also very amusing for you ! :-)

-Ha ha ! Now I am reassured ! :-)

-"Sigh of relief !!!" :-)

-That is very amusing ! :-)

But it is obvious that your effort is useless because you do not have enough level, neither intellectual nor ethical, to be able to insult anyone in this group.

Depthcam

> Sadly you imagine a lot, you suspect too much and you forget quickly. Your obsessive ideas are impressively tenacious. Realy you are very repetitive and sadly you has tried to achievea position of a puerile and egolatra protagonism.

Thank you for another string of attempted insults !  You really do have a lot of time to waste writing these incredibly long posts that have nothing constructive to offer.  Everything has been said already.  Therefore it's amazing that you would endlessly repeat the same things over and over and yet try to lay the blame on me.

> trying obsessively to discredit the good news about the perfect sync of the Sony Alpha cams.

Again, misleading statements that are totally contrary to what I said from the onset.

>  I pointed out that I'm following the path exposed to me by Randy in Phereo.

And do you know who gave that idea to Randy ?  It is Gert-Jan Wolkers - the person that was the first to show good sync using the multi-port terminal on Sony Alpha.  Oh, but I forget... this is just a rumor !  ;-)

As for the first attempts at synching the NEX-5, it was Co van Ekeren that did them and yes, in 2010.  I have his email from June 12 2010 that confirms that.

> Your confusion between paired cams and synchronized cams is very surprising, more after remembering that you failed, trying to synchronize NX1000 rigs

There is no confusion.  I pointed out that people were searching for cameras that could be paired with a "normal" interaxial yet have APS-C sensors.  The sync was not very good with the NEX-5 but OK for normal still shots.  Many people were happy with that.  It is only when Gert-Jan Wolkers demonstrated that he could get good sync by using the multi-terminal port that we realized the camera could be used for action shots.

In respect to the NX1000. it was Mark Blum that did those tests - not me.  Something clearly went wrong at the time.   Mark admits that because in recent years he has successfully put together a few NX1000 rigs.

> You should not have been irritated, angry, moody, aggressive and sad

Quite the contrary, I am amused by the amazing time you waste with all these attempts at insults towards me.

> you have been nervous, impolite, and rude.

Pardon me, but I think you are describing yourself there...

All I said from the onset:

a) Gert-Jan Wolkers was first to show good sync via the multi-terminal port (confirmed by Randy, by the way...)
b) I suggested (for those that wish to mount their cameras in Z-orientation) that they could use cables with small angled plugs.

Since then I have received nothing but insults from you...  You should really find another hobby !

> I read more insults, again,  in your last message, Oct 23:
"-I suspect you do not realize how utterly silly and preposterous you are sounding !"

Pardon me but this is not an insult.  It is a response to the long string of insults you have been sending my way ever since I pointed to the fact that Gert-Jan Wolkers had been successful in obtaining good sync with the A5000 back in 2016.

Since then you have kept trying to call that a rumor.  Yet Randy confirmed to me that it is indeed his discussions with Gert-Jan Wolkers that led him to purchase a pair of A5100 to try the same thing.

Also, Randy confirmed that he did NOT make any changes to his "three plug" cable and that he has no plans to do so.

Enough said !

Can you provide a document, perhaps a spreadsheet showing materials needed to synch the Sony cameras along with part numbers and if possible links to sources.  It would also be good to have a list of cameras tested which synch well and those which do not.
Bob On Saturday, November 10, 2018, 6:06:53 AM EST, elendito@yahoo.com.mx [photo-3d] <photo-3d@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

Harry Richards <hjrich@...>

This is getting tiresome.

Harry