From: Boris Starosta <boris@...>
Date: 7/29/21 7:19 AM (GMT-08:00)
To: main@Photo-3d.groups.io
Subject: [Photo-3d] Stereoscopic VR for documentation or remote presentation of interior spaces (online)? #futureOf3D #VR3D

Does anyone know of any examples online, of a museum space (or any kind of space) being stereo-photographically documented/presented via Virtual Reality format imagery?  I would like to pitch VR technology to a possible local client, for documentation and remote presentation of historical spaces, where stereoscopic photographic imagery would be especially appropriate.

My pitch should start with 1. finding some extant examples of this having been done, if it has been done.
Then I need to propose a technical solution to achieving this goal, but that will be difficult if 1. cannot be found.

I need to emphasize that the imagery would be acquired photographically, not via 3d model creation.  Photogrammetry -> photorealistic 3d model creation is a possible solution, if a purely photographic solution cannot be found.

Many thanks for any tips.

Boris

--
––––