Re: base-to-base mounting for Sony RX-100 #twinrig #sony3drigs

David_in_VA

Thank you, George.  That helps a lot.  See if this makes sense:  The "rule of 30" says that if the scene includes an infinity point, the nearest object should be (at least) 30 times the distance between my cameras.  But if I know that I am going to enlarge the stereo image, then I should increase the near-object distance (when I take the photo) to 30 times the new stereo base value as calculated from the formula (including the enlargement factor, or the equivalent increased focal length).  Alternatively, I can crop off the nearer objects until the distance to the nearest remaining object is 30 times the new stereo base.  Is that a valid use of the formula?