Re: base-to-base mounting for Sony RX-100 #twinrig #sony3drigs

David_in_VA

I understand the math that says the stereo base can be calculated as a function of focal length, deviation, object distance, etc. (Ferwerda page 238; Waack page 68), but how does that actually relate to the stereo image?  Can someone help me understand this?  I must be missing something.  Cropping clearly doesn't change the original camera locations, which I thought were the endpoints of the actual stereo base.  So are we calculating an "effective stereo base"?  If so, what does it mean and how does it affect the stereo image?  Thanks.