Re: Running with Vinny - 3D camera testing - 4. Panasonic Lumix 3D1

Pierre MEINDRE

Hi David,

Much to my surprise the camera made a MUCH LONGER exposure than when I was hand-holding the camera!
You're right David. I sometimes use my 3D1 in museum placing the camera against the glass of display cases containing some interesting pieces.
This is to, both, avoid the reflection from the glass and help steadying the camera.
The 3D1 will then decide to go for a long exposure, you will get a count-down on the screen and what I believe a second shot, a black shot to help lessen the noise.

Attached is a recent example of a gun inside a glass display case in a museum in Paris, picture taken with the 3D1.
This gun belonged to the man who led the insurrection of Paris in 1944.

I can also recommend this museum (Musée de la Libération de Paris) to stereo fans as you can get a nice "mixed-reality" visit of the underground bunker wearing Microsoft Hololens headset.
The museum as the "mixed-reality" visit are free.
https://www.museeliberation-leclerc-moulin.paris.fr/en/node/2656

A great little 3D camera! Thank you for your report, George!
I agree to both!

Pierre.