Re: New base extended 3D lens with single shutter use

Etienne Monneret (Perso)

Le 23/04/2021 à 15:48, Laurent DOLDI (Toulouse, France) a écrit :
Excellent work, but why not (like me) just purchasing a LOREO 3D Lens in a Cap 9005 (US$150)?
Except if it includes a mechanism I ignore, single lens beam splitters generate keystone deformations, as discussed recently.

My own understanding of this is explained here:

http://www.3denlive.com/doc/wiki/index.php?title=Mono-lens_stereo_beam_splitter

With 2 lenses there is not this problem, because they are both providing with a full-scene view, without the need to toe the mirrors to overlap the 2 viewed parts.