From: main@Photo-3d.groups.io <main@Photo-3d.groups.io> On Behalf Of Oktay via groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2021 4:01 PM
To: main@Photo-3d.groups.io
Subject: Re: [Photo-3d] New 3D lens announced

On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 03:15 PM, John Clement wrote:

>>The old 3D cameras of the 1950s all had a little toe in which effectively set the window at 7 ft.  This could be done by having the lens slightly toward the center with respect to the film frame.  The Civil War era cameras were parallel and captured extra detail on the R in the R lens, while the more modern cameras capture extra detail to the L behind the “7 ft window” with the R lens.  This problem will also happen with a dual camera system unless you toe them in slightly.  It can be solved by judicious cropping, which is what the Civil War era photographers did when creating the 3D cards.<<

I don't think the old 3D cameras of the 1950's had any toe in.

The center of the film gate was slightly off set outside compared to the center of the lens , but the lens and film plane were parallel to each other.
This way both left and left edges were overlapping at the stereo window.
This of course is not possible with the two body twin digital stereo systems.

Oktay