Stereopix ROOMS: synchronized stereoscopic viewer

JackDesBwa|3D

(Sorry for the previous message that was sent far too fast.)

You will be excited!
Dave Comeau and I talked a few months ago about the possibility to create a synchronized stereoscopic viewer for online meetings. The idea is that one presenter choose which image to show and all connected people will see their image change... and it will be displayed in their preferred format! (Chatting done with another independent channel, such as a web-audioconference)

The viewer of Stereopix was not mature enough at this time, but now the game has changed!!!
I played a few hours and managed to have a working base. A few hours more and a prototype was running on a server. It works well, it is amazing!

However, it is not very sexy, and even complex for the presenter part.
Is there someone interested in stereophotography (and web) who would like to work on the visual aspect of the web pages? Mostly HTML/CSS involved, possibly a bit of JS for more easy presenter experience.

Now more technical details (until the end, you can skip if not interested)

The synchronization is done with WebSockets connected to a server running a python code that handles the dispatching of the messages. Code is public under MIT license. This part will probably not be touched, except to add new features.

To run the simple messaging server, I found repl.it which is a service that can run this kind of special application without the complexity of configuring a full server. As it is built primary with collaboration in mind, I could add access to this REPL environment (though I would need to read the doc to check how it works). The code itself is also hosted in GitHub (this is the reference) and can be executed locally for tests anyway.

You can have a preview here: https://rooms.stereopix.repl.co/
If the application was not used for more than one hour, you will have to wait a few tens of seconds for wake-up.

To create a room, choose a name, enter it in the appropriate form and submit. Then submit the JSON description of the image list (otherwise the room will not be accessible) The JSON is the same as for the advanced examples (by the way, you can try with list.json from them)
After that, you can enter the room with several browsers possibly with several devices possibly from different networks, and play with the buttons.