Re: Human Eye as Image Sensor

robert mcafee

Article stated shutter speed of human eye of 1/100 sec (0.01) not 1/1000 (0.001).

On Friday, September 25, 2020, 12:18:51 PM EDT, bglick97@... <bglick97@...> wrote:

AND, the SHARP FOV of the eye, in which the rays hit the FOVEA, the ONLY section of the eye which has sharp resolution is a total of 2 deg. of center vision.   If you try to read written text while focusing on one word from 15"+, and stay fixated on that word, and try to read the adjacent word or two, u will see how poor all of our vision is, other than the Foveal 2%.   The fact the eyes focus range is 55 deg is useless, as the resolution is so low to start with, nothing is resolvable.  Our peripheral vision is primarily for sensing movement and the existence of objects.
Video is at 24-60fps, eyelids don't blink at this speed.  The only real useful information was the eyes shutter speed is estimated at 1/1000s.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 8:57 AM timo@... <timo@...> wrote:
Also, the eye is a motion picture camera, not a still camera.

Timo