Re: Another formerly popular 3D system discontinued. Why?

Depthcam

> it is a true fact that all 2-D images are distorted

So let me see.  If I take a "distorted" 2D picture and then another a few inches to the side, then I have two distorted pictures.  And when l put them into a viewer, suddenly they magically "undistort" themselves, correct ?

But the truth is that our beloved "stereoscopy" is actually no more than two flat images.  The true 3D world cannot be captured via a pair of flat images.  It would require thousands from every possible angle to reproduce it.  Therefore it's now clear that stereoscopy is a distorted view of the true three dimensional world !

As for the great painters, they were doing exactly that: two-dimensional works conveying depth through other means.  They obviously have been successful since we still admire their works centuries after their passing.  They are found in the great museums of the world.  I wonder how many 3D pictures or movies will have such staying power ?