Re: M4/3 cameras that will recognize the Panasonic 3D lens?

robert mcafee

So what is the conclusion for image ratio for best results - 4:3?  If model camera makes a difference I have a Panny GX1

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 14:23, Linda N
<ljnygren@...> wrote:
Sorry for the error. One reference I saw did not mention the mpo format for the GH4. (I was not able to find all the official specs for the various models on the panasonic site, as I mentioned earlier. I am having better luck now finding the official specs by starting with google searches and scrolling down to the official sites, rather than starting the search on a panasonic site.)

Francois did indeed write:
"> So essentially, it comes down to GH2 as being the only Lumix that offers full HD and GX1, GX7, GH3 and GH4 that offer "next best".
So we can add to your list of "next best" (resolution) the GX8, G7 and G85 for full compatibility with automatic mpo output.

And presumably any of the other non-compatible 16+ mp m4/3 mount cameras are capable of using the lens as John H does, capturing uncropped RL images that can be post-processed in SPM to a bit higher than HD resolution. Or even with compatible cameras, one can cover the contacts to get these unprocessed images, and/or video, if desired. Linda

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 12:55 PM Depthcam via groups.io <depthcam=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 11:32 AM, Linda N wrote:
The GH4, GH5, GX85, GX9, G9, G95, and G100 models do NOT include mpo as a file type.

As I wrote earlier, the GH4 does output MPO with the 3D lens.  See:

https://www.panasonic.com/ca/support/discontinued/cameras-camcorders/dmc-gh4.specs.html