3D Vision Monitor

robert mcafee

I am looking at an Acer XB241H NVIDIA 3D Vision compatible monitor (requires external emitter which I have).  This is a TN display (twisted nematic?) display type. I believe in this forum some individuals had recommended against TN displays suggesting to get an ips monitor instead.

The XB241H is current production, new and I found on sale. I was looking for a monitor to use with one of 2 laptops I have with NVIDIA 3D (GEForce) graphics cards but without integrated emitter (I have an external NVIDIA emitter now - though it is used and untested).

I understand TN monitors may be darker than ips.

Does anyone here have any experience to recommend this monitor or advise against this model (or against TN monitors in general)?

Thanks
Bob in Central NY