Re: May, 1: A new era in 3D photography?: Sony multi-terminal era

DaveJes1979

Timo,

1.  I think it is fairly safe to say that the a5100 will have almost the same, if not exactly the same, synch performance as the a6XXX series cameras.  I can't say that with certainty, of course, but it seems like that is very likely.

2.  My strong recommendation for people currently looking into this, is to get the a6300.  I got mine as Amazon "renewed" products (they looked mint condition to me) for only $450/per.  The newer models use the same sensor and don't offer any features that would be helpful to us as stereographers.  The sensor is better than the a5100, and you get an electronic viewfinder to boot.  The only downside is that it costs ~10mm of minimum interaxial.