Re: Double vision: Canon registers patent for stereoscopic lens for mirrorless cameras

robert mcafee

F2.8 ?  Perhaps for some applications but typically greater depth of field desired that resulting at f/2.8

On Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 11:57:36 AM EDT, Bill Costa <bill.costa@...> wrote:

> Double vision: Canon registers patent for stereoscopic lens for
> mirrorless cameras

I often am surprised when I see an obvious notion being patented.
This is a solution that any number of folks on this list could have
come up with.  In any case I really hope that Canon indeed takes this
to market.  The fact that they are doing any work at all on 3D imaging
is itself encouraging.

I just hope they don't invent yet another 3D still image file format.

Thanks for posting that link!