Re: Floating window #theory #hasImages #alignment

Dennis Green

JackDesBwa said "The way I perceive it is that if the sides are at a certain depth and the canvas is rectangular, the top and bottom are imagined in the same plan and thus elements in front of it can be considered as being in window violation."

The top and bottom window violations are not as noticeable, but become so if you add a frame or a caption to the image. When preparing images for the ISU-CODE, I add captions for our club with the title, maker's name and club ID. Occasionally I discover a window violation on the bottom that was not noticeable without the title, but becomes objectionable when the title is added. The same would happen for a frame that had detail in it to show where the window actually is.

Dennis Green
Detroit Stereographic Society