Re: digital 3d camera on ebay

robert mcafee

Does DXO or another app have automatic corrections for the barrel distortion?

On Monday, June 15, 2020, 01:59:54 PM EDT, Pierre MEINDRE <pierre.meindre@...> wrote:

Hello Mike,

Yes it does!

Here are two samples I've just taken from my home in Paris.

This one show the barrel distortion:
http://www.stereoscopie.fr/temp/sid_2020_0615_182341_001.JPG

Another one taken against the sun :
http://www.stereoscopie.fr/temp/sid_2020_0615_193245_001.JPG

Pictures are square.
The pictures are a whopping 32 megapixels in size: 2x 4032x4032 but if you look at the image at 1:1 zoom it's just an awful mess of pixels...
You can go down to 4096x2048 and have the same visual result with files much smaller.

A short video from the same viewpoint:
http://www.stereoscopie.fr/temp/sid_2020_0615_193300_001.MP4

The main advantage I see is that it's very small and light (~60 grams) so taking it with me during vacations as a spare 3D camera is not a problem.
The user interface is for once a no brainer with makings, leds and button that have an obvious functions.
For the image quality I let you judge...

And oh, an added bonus: it can act as a stereo webcam if connected to a computer with the USB cable!

Pierre.