Re: STMANI3 - A tool for stereo alignment #workFlow #alignment

I don't currently own a Win 10 computer but I am interested to know
more about running a Linux application with Win 10.
First thing I need to point out is that I have not used this feature
myself. I work all day on Linux servers and I have Macs, so the only
thing I need to do with my old Windows laptop is to run Windows.

Also important to know -- right now only Linux command line programs
are supported. But support for Linux GUI apps is on the horizon.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/19/21263377/microsoft-windows-10-linux-gui-apps-gpu-acceleration-wsl-features

Does it just run natively or must Linux also be installed and it
runs it virtually.
First off, you have to install a Linux. You take your pick from a
number of supported distributions.

- Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
- openSUSE Leap 15.1
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 SP5
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 15 SP1
- Kali Linux
- Debian GNU/Linux
- Fedora Remix for WSL
- Pengwin
- Pengwin Enterprise
- Alpine WSL

It looks pretty easy to do:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10

As for the native/emulation question, Wikipedia says...

"Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a compatibility layer for
running Linux binary executables (in ELF format) natively on Windows
10 and Windows Server 2019."

That's what little I know about this new feature (and I really don't
know that, having not done it myself).