Re: May, 1: A new era in 3D photography?: Sony multi-terminal era

DaveJes1979

Responding to Robert Mcafee:  I would very much discourage using the portrait aspect ratio for stereo photography.  Even for 2D photography, it isn't of much use other than...portraits.  For stereo photography we really want to fill our horizontal field-of-vision, so landscape is the way to go.

Sure, you can try to play tricks by cropping images from your portrait-oriented camera into landscape aspect ratios, but the drawbacks here are obvious.