Re: Tacoma Convention Update

Michael Levine

And of course those who live outside the USA might welcome such an opportunity to participate in a convention that has always been on the radar but never achievable and unlikely to be so for some time if compulsory quarantine on international visitors is imposed.

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 4:16 am, Linda N <ljnygren@...> wrote:
Rich and others: Certainly virtual meetings would not replace a convention, which was cancelled of sad necessity. Perhaps Tacoma could be rescheduled for a future 3d-con? Sincere thanks to all the organizers who have put so much work into planning already.

But it would indeed be worth considering whether certain events such as workshops and special interest group meetings could indeed take place in a virtual environment? One of course cannot replace personal interactions with old ( and new) friends, or hands on activities such as MF slide viewing. But some activities could potentially go on line. Linda N

On Apr 29, 2020, at 12:16 PM, Rich Dubnow <rich@...> wrote:

 You seem serious and I hope you are joking about a virtual convention. Huge difference between a club meeting for an hour online and an 8 day 3D convention.

This is a very sad situation and I wasn’t impressed with the comment.

Sent from Rich Dubnow

On Apr 29, 2020, at 9:30 AM, Roger Maddy via groups.io <rogerlmaddy=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Why not do a virtual convention like the LA and NY stereo clubs recently did?
I should have my new stereoscopic USB camera up and running by then:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32819971842.html

--
M and J