Re: Shooting opportunities?

DaveJes1979

Back when I started doing photography seriously, I always tried to get my travel photos to be completely free of human subjects.  So I'd try my best to photograph churches, gardens, or other locations just as people were stepping out--of-frame of the camera's FOV.  It was a pain, and oftentimes it was outright impossible for crowded locations.

I later realized that it was actually good to have a small number of people in various points of the frame, to help with adding a sense of scale to the locations.  It could be distracting if there were too many, or if you could see people's faces on people close by.  So I generally try and get the shot with a few people in-frame, at a moment that they are looking away from the camera, to help semi-anonymize the end product.