Re: The Root Of My Problem #1 and #2

JackDesBwa|3D

I did not want to start a discussion about this, it was only a suggestion.

By 360×180 video, I talked about this kind of videos where the spectator can move the camera by itself (3 degrees of freedom).
I am not particularly into this, but it seems to be adapted to the kind of content you shared.
Here a (random) example if you do not see what they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zXZIgnub6w

Although the video has far more than 100 degrees FOV, the player does the adaptation of field of view for you, which is like zooming in and cropping... but with the additional benefit that the users can choose the direction where they watch your video. You can optionally add a movement of the camera in the scene.

In practice, you can export two videos in equirectangular projections, join them and add a few metadata so that YouTube recognize it at spherical 3D video.
Some software probably have these operations embedded and I am pretty sure you can do that with Unity. Worth to give a try in my opinion.

JackDesBwa

Le dim. 2 févr. 2020 à 15:05, Roger Maddy <rogerlmaddy@...> a écrit :

The Root Of My Problem #1:
https://stereopix.net/photo:bYKy3JsGYL/

I am recording my Oculus Rift with the Oculus Mirror and OBS, which gives me a square image. The horizontal field of view of the Rift is about 100 degrees, and viewing this recorded image with that field of view is problematic, to say the least. This is why I prefer to zoom in and crop, which tends to make things like camera shake more noticeable.

The Root Of My Problem #2:
https://stereopix.net/photo:bYKy3nhI90/

Like I said in my last upload, I am recording my Oculus Rift with the Oculus Mirror and OBS, which gives me a square image. The horizontal field of view of the Rift is about 100 degrees, and viewing that recorded image with that field of view is problematic, to say the least. This is why I prefer to zoom in and crop, as I did with this version of the image, which tends to make things like camera shake more noticeable.

Hope this helps.