Re: IPD vs Taking spacing. First true 3D camera announced for 2020

gl

On 13/01/2020 22:06, Bill Costa wrote:
But if somebody made a *really* good 3D camera and digital viewer
combination that achieved true ortho and only ortho, I'd
certainly buy it!  (Well, assuming I could afford it.)
I guess you'd want a camera that had 2 or more lenses, and could synthesize natural-looking IA's to suit the viewing conditions.  If that was all stored in the image metadata,  then digital viewer software could be written that automatically chose the correct ortha IA for any viewing situation.

Quite feasible technically, but unlikely to happen.
--
gl