This group has been created as a replacement for Photo-3D on yahoo groups, since Yahoo is discontinuing its web interface. Old messages and files from the yahoo group will be archived here, along with new content.
Photo-3d is intended for general discussions of 3D stereoscopic imaging, still and video, both film and digitally based. Computer generated 3d imaging is included, if it results in stereoscopic (two eyed) depth representation. General topics for discussion include stereo cameras and twin rigs, viewers and stereoscopic displays, stereoview collecting and creation, techniques for capturing stereoscopic images and uses of such images, 3D movies, and other related subjects. Buying and selling notices are not allowed here, but announcements and discussion about new products are encouraged. See http://groups.io/g/sell-3d for buying and selling of 3D items.
- 2,698 Members
- 34,967 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their messages.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #viewing Tips, techniques, and devices for viewing 3D images. 11 topics
- #software Discussion about any 3D photo related app or utility. 9 topics
- #howto A request for practical advice. 8 topics
- #capturing Technical and artistic aspects of capturing 3D images. 7 topics
- #sony3drigs 6 topics
- #nonDigital Non-digital stereographic topic (film, stereocards, ertc.) 5 topics
- #workFlow Digital Post-Processing (ingesting, alignment, cropping, etc.) 5 topics
- #futureOf3D Promoting interest in stereographic imaging in popular culture. 4 topics
- #alignment Theory & practice on proper alignment setting the 3D window. 4 topics
- #3d-cameras 4 topics