This group has been created as a replacement for Photo-3D on yahoo groups, since Yahoo is discontinuing its web interface. Old messages and files from the yahoo group will be archived here, along with new content.
Photo-3d is intended for general discussions of 3D stereoscopic imaging, still and video, both film and digitally based. Computer generated 3d imaging is included, if it results in stereoscopic (two eyed) depth representation. General topics for discussion include stereo cameras and twin rigs, viewers and stereoscopic displays, stereoview collecting and creation, techniques for capturing stereoscopic images and uses of such images, 3D movies, and other related subjects. Buying and selling notices are not allowed here, but announcements and discussion about new products are encouraged. See http://groups.io/g/sell-3d for buying and selling of 3D items.
- All subscribers can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archives are visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to subscribers only.
- Members can edit their messages.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #software Discussion about any 3D photo related app or utility. 4 threads
- #meta Discussion about using Groups.io features and tools. 2 threads
- #howto A request for practical advice. 1 threads
- #twinrig Discussion of matched 2D cameras for 3D photography. 1 threads
- #viewing Tips, techniques, and devices for viewing 3D images. 1 threads
- #workFlow Digital Post-Processing (ingesting, alignment, cropping, etc.) 1 threads
- #alignment Theory & practice on proper alignment setting the 3D window. 1 threads
- #review A review of a 3D photography related product. 1 threads
- #hashtags 1 threads
- #capturing Technical and artistic aspects of capturing 3D images. 1 threads